The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I've sent a message to my old da telling him it's a penalty (having watched it).

It's soft ish because Forrest clicks his heels back and chooses to go down but he clearly gets impeded by the defender and that's a foul. Don't know why Smith left his leg in. Silly stuff.

Never did anything like that with us.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Youngster Liam Miller is getting good reviews whilst on loan at Irvine Victoria.

Can’t say I know anything about the lad.

Centre midfielder, seen him play for the reserves a couple of times. Looks decent, but he's not the only one,

39 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Yesterday's result must have put us in the mix for the next batch of Friday night TV games which is obviously good or bad depending on each fan's circumstances. I'm thinking in particular that game at Tannadice on Dec 21st.

I was thinking that myself. Any ideas when the next batch being shown will be announced? 

Also BT Sport don’t seem to be showing many Championship games this season, so far I think it’s  only been the Dundee derby 

9 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Yesterday's result must have put us in the mix for the next batch of Friday night TV games which is obviously good or bad depending on each fan's circumstances. I'm thinking in particular that game at Tannadice on Dec 21st.

Pubs in Dundee will be a good laugh if its the Friday night. Christmas party / finishing night. 
Hopefully the TV gods will be kind to us and leave us alone until at least the 3rd set of fixtures. 

On 14/09/2019 at 21:15, Superhursy7 said:

If we can keep this up it's a far superior achievement than last season we lost arguably our 3 best players, the veterans from last season are a year older, have had a reduced budget meaning most if our signings have been loans and we have totally changed formation from a 442 to 433. Hats off to McCall for rising to the challenge again and the players who were written off for being to old (Moffat and I'm ashamed to admit I thought he was done) others who were maybe overlooked last season when the others were getting all the plaudits and the loan guys who have came in and actually tried to kick on and not seen it as a demotion playing in the championship long may this run continue.

Don't know what anyone else thinks, however I believe McCall, Stewart and all the coaching staff should get massive plaudits for creating an identity and style which this team now play with. The personnel may indeed change, however our one touch pass and move game has stayed the same and I believe THAT is what's making the biggest difference as opposed to individual players.

Don't get me wrong, it helps enormously when you have the type of quality ball players that we have in midfield and attack but this year has proven that we can lose Smith, Crawford, Rose and Shankland, yet we continue to play the same fast and exciting style.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's just such a great time to be an Ayr fan especially when you think where we were just a couple of seasons back............

21 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Don't know what anyone else thinks, however I believe McCall, Stewart and all the coaching staff should get massive plaudits for creating an identity and style which this team now play with. The personnel may indeed change, however our one touch pass and move game has stayed the same and I believe THAT is what's making the biggest difference as opposed to individual players.

Don't get me wrong, it helps enormously when you have the type of quality ball players that we have in midfield and attack but this year has proven that we can lose Smith, Crawford, Rose and Shankland, yet we continue to play the same fast and exciting style.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's just such a great time to be an Ayr fan especially when you think where we were just a couple of seasons back............

Agree and its not only an identity in terms of the way we play but also the type of player we sign and McCall has spoken a lot about this.  

23 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Hand in the air here - guilty of thinking we would suffer badly when losing players of the quality of Shankland, Smith, Crawford, Rose and McDaid. Long way to go this season obviously but if we can keep Forrest, Kelly and McCowan fit then I could be persuaded to join you in feeling very good about our heroes. I do worry that injuries (like last year) will catch up with us but Saturday was a massive confidence boost on that score too - no Murdoch, McGuffie, Adams, Bell, Moore or Ross  and a bench that was 2 short of the usual number had me worried sick before kick-off against the free-scoring unbeaten league leaders (lest we forget!).  I don't wish to feel that worried again but getting a few of them back soon will be very important - winter in these parts doesn't help our exciting style sadly. 

Stay fit, lads, and keep up that smile/style of football.

3 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Hand in the air here - guilty of thinking we would suffer badly when losing players of the quality of Shankland, Smith, Crawford, Rose and McDaid. Long way to go this season obviously but if we can keep Forrest, Kelly and McCowan fit then I could be persuaded to join you in feeling very good about our heroes. I do worry that injuries (like last year) will catch up with us but Saturday was a massive confidence boost on that score too - no Murdoch, McGuffie, Adams, Bell, Moore or Ross  and a bench that was 2 short of the usual number had me worried sick before kick-off against the free-scoring unbeaten league leaders (lest we forget!).  I don't wish to feel that worried again but getting a few of them back soon will be very important - winter in these parts doesn't help our exciting style sadly. 

Stay fit, lads, and keep up that smile/style of football.

Yes, that's all good points and I did share your sense of dread prior to the kick off on Saturday.

What can I say, Doc has been a revelation since he's become fully fit, big Roscoe has surpassed all expectations, Muirhead has proven many of the doubters (including me) wrong in that he CAN actually play out from the back and both Kelly and McCowan look as if they have very big futures in the game.

Of course, getting Forrest back fit has been another massive plus for us and even with the injuries it feels as if we have some real strength in depth. Ecrepont also looked the part when coming on down in Wrexham and to think that Ross (our marquee signing) is yet to kick a ball in earnest has me really confident for the games ahead.

Who knows, maybe we'll have a secret "winter" plan of a steely midfield and defence containing all of Muirhead,Roscoe, Adams, Geggan, Harvie Bell & Docherty which will thwart the oppositions aerial threat and make us much more solid in the middle of the park, although I'm not sure how easy on the eye it would be !!

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, that's all good points and I did share your sense of dread prior to the kick off on Saturday.

What can I say, Doc has been a revelation since he's become fully fit, big Roscoe has surpassed all expectations, Muirhead has proven many of the doubters (including me) wrong in that he CAN actually play out from the back and both Kelly and McCowan look as if they have very big futures in the game.

Of course, getting Forrest back fit has been another massive plus for us and even with the injuries it feels as if we have some real strength in depth. Ecrepont also looked the part when coming on down in Wrexham and to think that Ross (our marquee signing) is yet to kick a ball in earnest has me really confident for the games ahead.

Who knows, maybe we'll have a secret "winter" plan of a steely midfield and defence containing all of Muirhead,Roscoe, Adams, Geggan, Harvie Bell & Docherty which will thwart the oppositions aerial threat and make us much more solid in the middle of the park, although I'm not sure how easy on the eye it would be !!

Think with the age of our squad the bleak winter might not be as bad

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No.

That is, it CAN be cut short. Any loan can be cancelled. However he would be ineligible to play for your first team until January 1st regardless.

Same goes for people who think we can cancel the loan of Ross and get someone else in his place , we can cancel the loan but cannot get anyone to replace him until January ,