The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 12/09/2019 at 22:54, Superhursy7 said:
On 12/09/2019 at 19:45, railwayend said:
Anyone heard the Paul Caddis rumour ? Any truth ?

Read it and thought he's to old then googled him and he's only 31 he would walk this league but can't see it happening.

Exactly that as he can't run anymore.

Still, he would be a good signing for you. Bradford's best player last season but that wasn't hard.

The fact we are joint top and haven't played the part time teams or the bottom team yet is additionally encouraging. Just hope suspensions and injuries don't kill us over the winter again.

We should be aiming for 6 points in the next 2 games against the part timers but Arbroath look pretty handy from what I’ve seen.

Finishing top 4 this season would be a far bigger achievement than last season.

If we can keep this up it's a far superior achievement than last season we lost arguably our 3 best players, the veterans from last season are a year older, have had a reduced budget meaning most if our signings have been loans and we have totally changed formation from a 442 to 433. Hats off to McCall for rising to the challenge again and the players who were written off for being to old (Moffat and I'm ashamed to admit I thought he was done) others who were maybe overlooked last season when the others were getting all the plaudits and the loan guys who have came in and actually tried to kick on and not seen it as a demotion playing in the championship long may this run continue.

The way Doc was banging his fists into the ground when he went  down injured  looked like  he knew it was a bad one, surprised he was able to carry on but wouldn't be surprised if that was him out now too. Houston  didn't have that long on  but  he was able to bomb down the wing a couple times and probably should have scored, could be a good option to have.

The way Doc was banging his fists into the ground when he went  down injured  looked like  he knew it was a bad one, surprised he was able to carry on but wouldn't be surprised if that was him out now too. Houston  didn't have that long on  but  he was able to bomb down the wing a couple times and probably should have scored, could be a good option to have.

I dunno about Doc. It looked bad but I saw the physio give McCall a thumbs up so maybe he’s ok.

Depending on who’s available we should look at giving a couple of lads a rest against Alloa. Not taking Alloa lightly of course.

I dunno about Doc. It looked bad but I saw the physio give McCall a thumbs up so maybe he’s ok.

Depending on who’s available we should look at giving a couple of lads a rest against Alloa. Not taking Alloa lightly of course.
That sounds like you are.

Strongest team for me, every three points is golden here.

That sounds like you are.

Strongest team for me, every three points is golden here.

Guys like Kerr and Geggan need to be properly managed. If we can use Houston in a game or two and give one of them a rest then we should do so.

Referee looked in a good position on all the penalty calls. No doubt the view was better from the railway end and the away dugout though [emoji849]
My old dad is 80. He called it a dive - but quite often that means penalties have to be so bad that you'd get a conviction at the sheriff court.

I'll reserve judgment till I've bothered to get the highlights going.

14 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Not seen a single comment about the new ticket system from home or away fans so I assume everything went well yesterday? There didn't appear to be any big queues anywhere.

No issues , away  fans bought into the desired process, over 900 of them bought their ticket online prior to arriving at ground , looks like the issues we had at launch are well ironed out , compliments received  from both Morton and Dundee Utd fans about how easy it was to purchase tickets ( biggest success was getting it in their phones ) , long may it continue , a very small queue yesterday at 2.45 , but dealt with very quickly by the ticket offices 

Edited by Robbo63

35 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Not seen a single comment about the new ticket system from home or away fans so I assume everything went well yesterday? There didn't appear to be any big queues anywhere.

My old relic Dad has finally got used to it. He now goes and gets his ticket a few hours before kick off then goes for lunch and it saves him queuing for a ticket at “peak time” 2.30ish

Edited by Thereisalight..

I was right in line with Forrest when he went down , he got clipped just as he turned Smith , a defffo penalty ....
I've sent a message to my old da telling him it's a penalty (having watched it).

It's soft ish because Forrest clicks his heels back and chooses to go down but he clearly gets impeded by the defender and that's a foul. Don't know why Smith left his leg in. Silly stuff.