The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I didn’t say it’s as big a change as a back 4 to a 3 however it’s still a change. There’s a reason Docherty looks better in a 3 compared to a 2.

I'm enjoying your avatar in art form rn IRL

MVIMG_20190905_210021.jpg

54 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Tbh I would say Geggan for a three man midfield is far too slow, same with Kerr.

I'd say you can get away with the likes of Geggan in a 3 man centre midfield far more than a 2.  I'd be happy enough with say Geggan Docherty and Kelly as the 3 with the two wide men and striker that we have been playing, far more than any two of those 3 with one sacrificed for an extra striker.  

34 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Doohan and Harvie on the bench this evening for the under 21s, Kelly not in the squad, he better not be fucking injured.

Think with Kelly it's more likely he just wasnt picked - looks like they had Gilmour who played for Chelsea plus regulars at Motherwell and Aberdeen ahead of him - no issue there.

Have to admit I don't see McCrorie as a better keeper than Doohan at all but maybe thats just AUFC blinkers.  Interesting to see who starts in Cfoatia as they do seem to rotate a lot.    

Harvie got last 3 mins.  

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

Think with Kelly it's more likely he just wasnt picked - looks like they had Gilmour who played for Chelsea plus regulars at Motherwell and Aberdeen ahead of him - no issue there.

Have to admit I don't see McCrorie as a better keeper than Doohan at all but maybe thats just AUFC blinkers.  Interesting to see who starts in Cfoatia as they do seem to rotate a lot.    

Harvie got last 3 mins.  

Out of interest at that age group is there much between the teams in terms of quality? Bit of a shame if we are missing Kelly this weekend and he doesn't kick a ball, but I suppose being part of the setup, especially if they take maximum points will keep confidence high. 
Would very much hope that Doohan gets the nod for the Croatia game, certainly the stronger of the two keepers in my mind.

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You boys are looking pretty good value at the bookies tomorrow - surely you're expecting to turn over a Wrexham mob who are struggling? Or do you have some injuries to deal with? I'd have had Ayr as favourites but the bookies don't agree.

We’ve 9 first team players missing through international call ups ( feel big time saying that) injuries and cup tied players. Still have a decent starting 11, but the bench will be thin.

10 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We’ve 9 first team players missing through international call ups ( feel big time saying that) injuries and cup tied players. Still have a decent starting 11, but the bench will be thin.

I'm sure Geggan will be fine destroying them on his own. Best of luck.

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'm sure Geggan will be fine destroying them on his own. Best of luck.

We're now out to 4/1 with Hills, however I reckon we'll still have most of our key players playing and they're apparently resting a few so could be some real value there.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We're now out to 4/1 with Hills, however I reckon we'll still have most of our key players playing and they're apparently resting a few so could be some real value there.

Wrexham have gone from 9/5 when the odds came out on Skybet on Monday to 4/7 now on B365.   Can only be down to the Ayr team news although we knew about the three Scotland u21s and a couple of the injuries at that stage.  Swing has basically come with the news that Adams and McGuffie are out when you think of it.