The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Freeing up some cash? Don’t think this loan signing will be on much of a wage!

Striker incoming?

I think McCalls statement suggests otherwise.

He’ll probably wait and see how we’re looking in January.

Sore one for the lad. Feel bad for him.
Even more so considering Dumbarton will probably be in for him.
By all accounts he enjoyed his time with us, got regular game time and was well liked by the support. Not sure why that would be a bad thing? It sounds like it's exactly what he needs at this stage of his career.

We recently signed Tumilty on loan and already have a backup right back but if he can operate at left back I'd be delighted to see him return. I'm far from convinced by our current left back.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Think McCall has had to ship Ferguson to free money for this kid, or unless Ferguson wanted to go to get games, which I wouldn't blame him for

We’ll be paying next to nothing for a young boy on loan from one of the old firm, don’t think there’s much doubt we’ll have saved money from replacing Ferguson with him.

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

By all accounts he enjoyed his time with us, got regular game time and was well liked by the support. Not sure why that would be a bad thing? It sounds like it's exactly what he needs at this stage of his career.

We recently signed Tumilty on loan and already have a backup right back but if he can operate at left back I'd be delighted to see him return. I'm far from convinced by our current left back.

It's not, but I was under the impression your club was in bits, at least it was the last time  I looked. He's signed  for Peterhead apparently anyway, or about too.

10 hours ago, rb123! said:

Anyone else wish we could just skip the Dundee United game and give them the three points lol. Can't see anyone stopping them tbh, us included.

That's a bit defeatist. They're hardly Liverpool or Manchester City. Nobody plays their best game every week.

39 minutes ago, Iain said:

That's a bit defeatist. They're hardly Liverpool or Manchester City. Nobody plays their best game every week.

Don't think you'd need to be Liverpool or Manchester City to win the Scottish Championship though ... The Arabs have their act together this season and will be very hard to stop in terms of the title . They have all the players they need and can afford more at Christmas if need be . They have a wealthy guy in charge of the club and played in front of 14,000 fans last night . Most boxes are ticked i'm afraid . That doesn't mean they wont lose games though . Even teams that romp their leagues can lose four or so in a season . Lets hope we can get our A) game out on the 14th and avoid a whooping . The rest of the League are much of a muchness with Dundee and ICT favourites for 2nd and 3rd ,that leaves the last play off place and its £325K prize money wide open . That is our realistic target this season but there willl be stiff competition from the Pars , Jags etc . We might not have enough in the tank for even that given the make up of our squad at the moment . It is what it is however and all we can do is take it one game at a time and have a proper crack at Dundee United on the 14th ....

Signed for us until the end of the season.
https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2625-new-defender-signs-in-time-for-stranraer-time
A good signing for us?

Yeah he’ll do well in League One.

Mainly a right back but he spent most of his team in League One at left back covering for Paddy Boyle.

1 hour ago, blueone said:

Signed for us until the end of the season.

https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2625-new-defender-signs-in-time-for-stranraer-time

A good signing for us?

I think he'll do well for you and I really hope he does.

Decent boy didn't get too many opportunities when we got promoted but that's football.

Good luck to him.:thumsup2

Glad to come away with the three points today and only one injury in Murdoch.

Some of Partick's tackling was atrocious, it was like playing a junior team when they just snap you at every opportunity.

9 points from 4 games and a wee trip to Wrexham next week. Pretty content with that.