The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Shankland United will destroy us if we play like we did today

I thought Moffat was poor today which perhaps shows how much we're relying on him to make everything else click. I thought we defended well though, the big chances QOTS had in the first half were of our own making through sloppy passing. And the only real chance they had in the second half was saved brilliantly by Doohan.

We weren't quick enough with our passing today. Particularly in the midfield. There was too much dawdling which allowed Queens to regroup or win possession. I'm hoping that was just due to the 2 weeks since a fixture.

Away to Partick will be interesting... they looked great first half last night but it seems they wilt when under any pressure. Lets put them under pressure next week. I'd love another win. 

4 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

Well I spoke to a ayr United player when up at hospital on Wednesday and he told me there is no funds left to sign any one he said the only hope we have is a loan signing

We are only looking for a decent loan player like most teams do between now and January 

The success we have had with players i.e Shankland, Rose and Smith and how well Doohan came on last season means the bigger teams with the better young/fringe players are more likely to trust us with players it's not like a few seasons ago where we were getting the dross no one else wanted.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Thought there might have been some posters to advertise the open day around the place today. Any word on a new date? 

No word yet , dates were discussed but due to cup tie away to Wrexham that date is now no longer an option , hopefully something will be announced soon , not everything that happens at the open day are completed by the football club , a number of events involve outside help , catering ,face painters , AU 500, lottery , activities which require academy , volunteer availability,meaning a number of discussions need to take place to get everyone to agree to a date 

Edited by Robbo63

9 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

McCall on AU Media saying speaking to the board about hopefully 2 additions a RB would be nice and maybe big bury number 9 to give us a plan would be ideal and really set up up for another successful season, most likely to be loans but surely something can be done.

Perhaps the Wrexham games has unearthed an unexpected source of funds ,if the gate receipts get shared of course . Wrexham play to over 5,000 fans most weeks and the cross border nature of this match may spike that number further . That would give us a lift of perhaps £30K to £40k .. Surely enough to get a right back in on a 9 month contract . Its clear that McCall see's Geggan as more of a right midfielder these days . On top of that Dundee Utd are flying and if they get a positive result in their derby match ,then a huge away support may be on the way on the 14th to swell our coffers ...

If we are signing anyone then I would make right back the priority. Very little cover there and Geggan liable to miss a few games. Keep hearing about the need for a striker whilst our big summer signing sits on the bench. Moore is also coming back and should be given time to see if he’s up to this level. Would be happy with a loan but if we do have any cash then keep until January or roll over to next year. Not sure what happened with our budget this season but would be trying to get things back on track and have a better crack at it next year 

19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

If we are signing anyone then I would make right back the priority. Very little cover there and Geggan liable to miss a few games. Keep hearing about the need for a striker whilst our big summer signing sits on the bench. Moore is also coming back and should be given time to see if he’s up to this level. Would be happy with a loan but if we do have any cash then keep until January or roll over to next year. Not sure what happened with our budget this season but would be trying to get things back on track and have a better crack at it next year 

Shankland is getting all the plaudits for us so far and rightly so but Liam Smith has been quality too. 1st time we've had a proper right back since we've been relegated. 

Those two signings probably won you the league before a ball was kicked just hope they bith pick up a minor injury that makes them miss the game at Somerset in a few weeks.

Shankland is getting all the plaudits for us so far and rightly so but Liam Smith has been quality too. 1st time we've had a proper right back since we've been relegated. 

13 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Interesting to hear. Watched him against Partick and thought his game was being stifled somewhat having to play behind McMullen. I get why McMullen is in the team but when he doesn’t turn up that side of the pitch will get a lot of extra pressure to deal with 

20 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Interesting to hear. Watched him against Partick and thought his game was being stifled somewhat having to play behind McMullen. I get why McMullen is in the team but when he doesn’t turn up that side of the pitch will get a lot of extra pressure to deal with 

Tbf to Mcmullen he has turned up this season with 4 assists so far. Smith and Mcmullen are perfect for our right side