The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

Surprised S4C have chosen the Nomads game but at the same time pleased ours is the Saturday at 3pm, bring it on.

Would S4C actually be allowed to take Wrexham? Although obviously Welsh, Wrexham are actually representing England in this tournament. The Welsh representatives are Connaghs Quay and TNS (ironically of course based in England). I haven't examined the detail of the S4C tv deal but I'd have thought they are allowed to cover the Welsh representatives, not the English ones.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Well said McCall, still get the feeling he'll make some changes outwith the international players for this one.

He must have read our discussion yesterday as the statement could easily have been written by us with regards to Ecrepont, Hare-Reid and the midfield cover !!!

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I believe he’d scored earlier as well but it was ruled out for offside.

A close call, he didn't have a good game defensively but he'll get rid of that dawdling attitude eventually.

Leon Murphy scored a belter for the reserves [emoji108]

Just seen it there.

Does Owen McGinty still play for our reserves? I know he was very highly rated and McCall said he was trying to tie him down to a longer contract.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Didn’t think Murphy would have been able to play for the reserves with him being on loan at Stranraer. Could Kelly play for Rangers reserves (for a comparison )? 

McGuffie played for our reserves last year while on loan to Raith I think.

Murphy impressed me at the start of last season, as did McCowan. McCowan was very direct and Murphy looked like he had a bit more flair about him. 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Didn’t think Murphy would have been able to play for the reserves with him being on loan at Stranraer. Could Kelly play for Rangers reserves (for a comparison )? 

He could indeed, Kelly could play for Rangers colts in the challenge Cup aswell I believe. 

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He's on a development loan so can do. 

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

Morton and Partick both look absolutely rank, but their hoofball approach could cause us bother over the season.  Big Adams needs to stay fit!

We can just pass them off the pitch like we did to Morton a couple of weeks back.

Remember, we could easily have scored 7 or 8 on another day with the chances we created...........

9 hours ago, WATTOO said:
10 hours ago, Mgc1910 said:

Morton and Partick both look absolutely rank, but their hoofball approach could cause us bother over the season.  Big Adams needs to stay fit!

We can just pass them off the pitch like we did to Morton a couple of weeks back.

Remember, we could easily have scored 7 or 8 on another day with the chances we created...........

Thistle look very average and on that form they will be in the manager recruitment business very soon . That should have Ayr United a tad worried . On Morton, our 4-2 result will prove a very good win indeed ,what ever anybody thinks about Morton's style its very effective . Passing teams to death on a still summer's day is one thing ,but its near impossible  in the middle of a Scottish winter . Just prey that Adams , Muirhead and Bell are fit for that period and that Roscoe has came on leaps and bounds .

However today looks like one of those still summer days , almost perfect conditions for our style ,lets hope we can take more of our chances and the goals get shared out including a goal or two for late sub Doolan to get him bedded in ...

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Does anyone know the terms of the Frank Ross deal? Looking like a horrific waste of a wage if we are paying him anything significant. 

I’d be surprised if we were contributing much given his injury issues, I would imaging Aberdeen will be picking up the majority.