The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Michael Rose getting rave reviews from Coventry fans again tonight. Think of all the guys that left us this summer he’s the one that’ll achieve the most.

Good to hear. If we do have a 5% sell on clause with them then him having a really good season or two with them could earn us a nice bit of cash.

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yep we enter in the 4th round along with Dundee, Dundee Utd and ICT from the Championship and the Premiership clubs.

The ties are played on the weekend of the 18/19th of January.

Ya dancer, let's just pray that we avoid another Junior team........................

6 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Good to hear. If we do have a 5% sell on clause with them then him having a really good season or two with them could earn us a nice bit of cash.

I'm in danger of being whooshed here but why would we have any sort of sell on clause given the fact he signed a PCA?

I'm in danger of being whooshed here but why would we have any sort of sell on clause given the fact he signed a PCA?

According to McCall, Coventry put it in his contract because we allowed him to go down to Coventry for a medical in the middle of the season. I think Rose also helped us get something due to us helping him develop.

2 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:
2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Pretty sure they are still available. I enquired last November and they were still available then, still haven’t got round to organising mine yet.

Nice one, cheers. Will give them a call tomorrow

Yes still available £55 

Alright lads, i come in peace. 

I do a podcast mainly Livi related and feature a player interview every other week. 

This week we had Nicky Devlin on to chat about his career in which Ayr Utd obviously came up. 

Feel free to give it a listen. 

I’ll post the link to our website but if you want to listen elsewhere we are on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud etc just search TalkLivi. 

http://talklivipodcast.libsyn.com/

Good luck for the rest of the season, reckon you’s will push for the playoffs again based on the game between us in the group stages of the cup. 

EE71F5C3-BB2D-4DCE-8F25-69C4F61AE2AE.png

Came to ask about McDaid - What's so wrong about him? He can be a wee bit of a shitebag at times and his final ball isn't the best 100% of the time, but he's left every wing-back he's come up against so far on toast and opens so much play up for us. I'm not doubting you lads, cause I'm sure the infuriating performances will come as they tend to with any winger at this level, but he looks the type that is much better than what we've had previously.

Came to ask about McDaid - What's so wrong about him? He can be a wee bit of a shitebag at times and his final ball isn't the best 100% of the time, but he's left every wing-back he's come up against so far on toast and opens so much play up for us. I'm not doubting you lads, cause I'm sure the infuriating performances will come as they tend to with any winger at this level, but he looks the type that is much better than what we've had previously.

He started off the season ok but gradually got better and better culminating in a brilliant game against Dundee United when we won 5-0. He was brilliant that night but never once got close to that level of performance. The closest he got was again versus Dundee United but at Somerset when we beat them again.

When the team dipped he just went with it. Maybe it was because Shankland was out, he had quite a good partnership with Shankland, but imo he’s a player that when the team are on form he flourishes but when the going gets tough he’s very unlikely to try and change that.

I definitely wasn’t gutted he left in the summer as I think we’ve good good options out wide but a team winning most weeks and consistently doing so throughout the season will probably get the best out of him.

1 hour ago, andylivi1 said:

Alright lads, i come in peace. 

I do a podcast mainly Livi related and feature a player interview every other week. 

This week we had Nicky Devlin on to chat about his career in which Ayr Utd obviously came up. 

Feel free to give it a listen. 

I’ll post the link to our website but if you want to listen elsewhere we are on iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud etc just search TalkLivi. 

http://talklivipodcast.libsyn.com/

Good luck for the rest of the season, reckon you’s will push for the playoffs again based on the game between us in the group stages of the cup. 

EE71F5C3-BB2D-4DCE-8F25-69C4F61AE2AE.png

COME ON LIVINGSTON

The boy's got loads of talent. I hope he learns to dig it out a bit more, and improve his consistency.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

All Declan has lacked is inner confidence, he has all the skills necessary to be a star at Dundee, I hope he finds and keeps the confidence as he has the tools to rip most teams a new one.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

When we first got him, he was tearing teams apart and I couldn't believe we'd managed to get him. His performance levels were often wildly different one week to the next, so it was impossible to predict whether he was going to roast some wee jobber at full back or whether he was going to display Harry Potter levels of invisibility.

I do think people got carried away in criticising him after he left and forget the huge part he played in getting us back up here. I hope he's a huge success for Dundee but aye, just be prepared for occasions where you forget he's even on the pitch.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In a nutshell, it's end product or more so lack of, that's the problem.

He flatters to deceive as there's no doubt he has it in his locker but ultimately he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals and likewise doesn't set up anywhere near enough chances.

From our perspective, Forrest, although slightly different, tends to deliver with both goals and assists compared with Declan who would sprint past a couple of defenders but then at best maybe win a corner.

Don't get me wrong, he can be unplayable when at his very best but sadly doesn't do it often enough, or at least didn't for us.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

In a nutshell, it's end product or more so lack of, that's the problem.

He flatters to deceive as there's no doubt he has it in his locker but ultimately he doesn't score anywhere near enough goals and likewise doesn't set up anywhere near enough chances.

From our perspective, Forrest, although slightly different, tends to deliver with both goals and assists compared with Declan who would sprint past a couple of defenders but then at best maybe win a corner.

Don't get me wrong, he can be unplayable when at his very best but sadly doesn't do it often enough, or at least didn't for us.

How was he actually being used? Was he roaming a lot or pretty much just instructed to play on one wing.

One feature I've noticed which could be an explanation of some sort is that our wide players get a lot of freedom when on the attack, they end up all over the pitch.