The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

53 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apparently Scotland are playing Russia on the Friday night which could cause issues for folk wanting to go to both games.

Yip Scotland are at home on the Fri, then our game, then Scotland at Hampden again on Monday. Expensive long weekend for folk who follow both club and country 

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

More i think about it wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh TV S4C want to show this match if they're showing any this year, doubt they'd want to show Nomads v Cove Rangers, cue incoming 1730 kick off on Saturday evening i fear.

Unsure of the TV licencing situation here, however there are live Euro qualifying TV matches at 2pm, 5pm & 7.45pm on the Saturday, the Friday night has multiple matches at 7.45pm including Wales v Azerbaijan & Scotland v Russia and the Sunday has live fixtures at 2pm, 5pm & 7.45pm.

As such, I'm thinking that none of the games may be on TV or should this not really affect the likes of Alba or S4C from an overlap ??

On the subject of Club v Country, I noticed that our home game with Dunfermline at 3pm on Saturday 16th November is a clash with the Cyprus v Scotland Euro Qualifier at 2pm the same day.    Wonder if some games might get pushed back to 5pm or something to let folk watch one then go to the other.  

Although in saying that, that date is also the Quarter Final of the Tunnocks Cup so that game may not even take place anyway if us or the Pars were to make it that far...

40 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

One player has played for both Ayr United and Wrexham...can anyone name him?

Aye - but only cos I saw it described on Wrexham's twitter as "The xxxxx xxxx derby".   I would never have got it so won't spoil haha

Wrexham AFC were drawn against Scottish Championship side Ayr United at the Racecourse Ground. 

The third round will take place on Saturday 7 September or Sunday 8 September, 2019. Once arrangments have been made the club will inform supporters on the usual channels.

40 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Unsure of the TV licencing situation here, however there are live Euro qualifying TV matches at 2pm, 5pm & 7.45pm on the Saturday, the Friday night has multiple matches at 7.45pm including Wales v Azerbaijan & Scotland v Russia and the Sunday has live fixtures at 2pm, 5pm & 7.45pm.

As such, I'm thinking that none of the games may be on TV or should this not really affect the likes of Alba or S4C from an overlap ??

All the games will be on involving non Scottish teams just not at 3pm Saturday .  

No it'll be an overnighter i'd presume, people on SRE moaning about cost already but i'm pretty sure SPFL cover accommodation and travel expenses, may be wrong though. Do any TV companies show these games, remember when Queens Park got Nomads away last season they got shafted with a 1730 kick off cause it was on Welsh TV.
The SPFL cover the costs as far as I know.
No club should lose out with their "foreign" travel.
Unless it's changed, it was my understanding that the clubs received a lump sum (£5000 in my head for some reason) as opposed to the costs actually being covered. I imagine £5K would cover it of course but I'm sure there was a discussion last season with a team claiming it didn't.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unless it's changed, it was my understanding that the clubs received a lump sum (£5000 in my head for some reason) as opposed to the costs actually being covered. I imagine £5K would cover it of course but I'm sure there was a discussion last season with a team claiming it didn't.

For Wrexham i would have thought £5k would cover it, probably go down on the Friday night, stay-over and then up on Saturday night after the game. If it was one of the Irish teams involved then £5k might be a stretch after flights or ferries are included on top of accommodation.