The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Craig Moore has been given the all clear to return to training this week with the aim of returning to the team in a month, presume Dundee United at home will be the target or maybe the week before in the tunnocks cup depending on the opposition. Really do think he might suit well to our style of play this season with the 3 man attack but will just be difficult for him to get into the team.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also the Tunnocks Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup draw is about to start, just please be a half decent draw.

The tie is getting played while I'm on holiday so we absolutely will get one of the foreign teams away where in reality I'm hoping it's a boring but very winnable home tie.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The tie is getting played while I'm on holiday so we absolutely will get one of the foreign teams away where in reality I'm hoping it's a boring but very winnable home tie.

Exactly the same as me. Ffs!

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Shame it wasn’t away to Nomads! 

Doubt the open day will be the 8th with such a long away day for the players 

No it'll be an overnighter i'd presume, people on SRE moaning about cost already but i'm pretty sure SPFL cover accommodation and travel expenses, may be wrong though. Do any TV companies show these games, remember when Queens Park got Nomads away last season they got shafted with a 1730 kick off cause it was on Welsh TV.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only downside will be the travel costs for the club.

The SPFL cover the costs as far as I know.

No club should lose out with their "foreign" travel.

More i think about it wouldn't be surprised if the Welsh TV S4C want to show this match if they're showing any this year, doubt they'd want to show Nomads v Cove Rangers, cue incoming 1730 kick off on Saturday evening i fear.

I was there just a few weeks ago for Wrexhams pre season game against Stoke. Cracking stadium with the away fans on upper tier seats behind one of the goals.

The home side were decent enough on the night and have started their league campaign well. They brought on Leighton McIntosh, ex Airdrie, in the 2nd half and eventually lost 3-1.

Wrexham's very close to Chester, brilliant for a night out, for anyone looking to stay over.