The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Lawrence Shanklands analytical stats pre McCall wouldn't have made for pleasant reading I'm guessing.

They were actually pretty decent from what I remember, he had a bad season at St Mirren and Morton, but the season preceding that he done so well at St Mirren they were absolutely delighted to re sign him and thought it was a sign they could push for the playoffs. 

21 hours ago, WATTOO said:

How many potential top class footballers have slipped through the net because an analyst looking at statistics on a spreadsheet has ruled them out ??

About a thousand times fewer than players who are ruled out of the professional game by whatever bunnet is in charge of scouting them because they're not six foot three by the time they're 17.

Fuckin' football fans, man. If people had their way then the team would be training by running up and down sand dunes on Greenan shore, chasing that up with three of four tins of Tartan Special before the drive home, and fans would be paying at the game with shillings.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

About a thousand times fewer than players who are ruled out of the professional game by whatever bunnet is in charge of scouting them because they're not six foot three by the time they're 17.

Fuckin' football fans, man. If people had their way then the team would be training by running up and down sand dunes on Greenan shore, chasing that up with three of four tins of Tartan Special before the drive home, and fans would be paying at the game with shillings.

AAh, the good old days..............

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
11 hours ago, Panda Pies said:

I heard October before Moore would be back.

We should have just signed him in Sept/Oct as a free agent when he was fit again 

I think Ian McCall prides himself in being a little more loyal than that . Anyway Moore has a wife and kids to feed and snatching away his income when he is injured would make him sign for us again in October why ?

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I think Ian McCall prides himself in being a little more loyal than that . Anyway Moore has a wife and kids to feed and snatching away his income when he is injured would make him sign for us again in October why ?

He's 23, how many kids does he have!

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
14 minutes ago, railwayend said:

He's 23, how many kids does he have!

Craig will be 25 next week and I think he may have two kids ,but that really aint important . How you look after players who get hurt while playing for you is . Look at Docherty for example ,he got the same 6 month deal while unfit ,and came back strongly signing and 18 month deal which right now I'd be looking to extend . Its quite possible that Moore will prove a lot of people wrong and come out from under LS's shadow and bang the goals in for us ....

3 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Craig will be 25 next week and I think he may have two kids ,but that really aint important . How you look after players who get hurt while playing for you is . Look at Docherty for example ,he got the same 6 month deal while unfit ,and came back strongly signing and 18 month deal which right now I'd be looking to extend . Its quite possible that Moore will prove a lot of people wrong and come out from under LS's shadow and bang the goals in for us ....

Nobody is saying you shouldn't have a duty of care to your players, but the club isn't a charity either, and there's every chance he could be away in January.  Moore  is less a case of being in LS's shadow and more to do with his injury record.

29 minutes ago, railwayend said:

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Nobody is saying you shouldn't have a duty of care to your players, but the club isn't a charity either, and there's every chance he could be away in January.  Moore  is less a case of being in LS's shadow and more to do with his injury record.

That’s my point, that he is only signed until Jan. He may not even get in the team once he is fit and we’ve being paying him a wage since June/July. It’s a shame how many injuries he’s had in the last year but as UpInTheAyr said we’re not a charity or a club like the Old Firm who have plenty of money to cover injured players wages 

Aye IIRC McCall made that exact point about us not being a charity. I can see us getting him back to fitness then letting him move on in January. Unless of course he comes back and starts banging them in.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye IIRC McCall made that exact point about us not being a charity. I can see us getting him back to fitness then letting him move on in January. Unless of course he comes back and starts banging them in.

Getting him back to fitness then letting him  move onto a league 1 team for second half of the season might not be a bad move, depending on how things are going with the team. Could always try sign him back depending how he gets on.

I think Moore's best years are ahead of him ,with guys like Forrest and McCowan playing out wide but with a real direct style suiting his style perfectly . My fear would be him turning up in a Morton top beside Sutton receiving crosses from Cadden and putting us on our arse in May . Time will tell ,but I think McCall remembers his winners against Thistle ,Falkirk and Dundee United last season . Despite all that he had going on ,on the injury and form front .

On 05/08/2019 at 07:12, BukyOHare said:

Does anyone know if the club has anyone doing statistical analysis of our games or to help identify possible new signings?

What sort of statistcal analysis are you thinking about? 

And how would it help identify possible new signings?