The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Only need defender and out and out forward , we have an abundance of midfielders , 2 more players for those areas should see us through to our annual January signings 

Is there any chance of these signings happening?

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Brilliant to see Rose do well some of our fans also need to keep that in mind when having a go at big Sam that Rose was nowhere the finished article when he joined thought he was a lot better yesterday especially in the first half and will benefit from training and playing with Adams.

You remind us on an almost daily basis about the fans, kinda hard to forget.

59 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We are still very light on options in a lot of positions. After losing Shankland, Rose, Crawford, Smith and McDade and cutting the wages of Moff and Geggan. You’ve got to think we still have budget left for 2 or 3 players.

If it was cut by...175k was it? I'm not sure that we do.

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If it was cut by...175k was it? I'm not sure that we do.

I think the budget is the same but last season because we quallified in the League Cup and had the away game at Ibrox the Board released additional funds. At least I think thats what Lachlan was trying to say on the Facebook Q&A. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why would Ayr get a sell on fee from a free agents new club? :unsure2:

Because we're awesome?

I don't quite understand it either but there is a 5% sell on for Rose between Ayr and Coventry. Is it maybe because Rose was still contracted to Ayr and signed a pre-contract with Coventry. I think it may also have been due to our co-operation by allowing Rose to go there for a medical etc. in January when still our player. 

I'm just not having any negativity or criticism of our squad after yesterday. I don't know about anyone else but myself and my mates who were at the game all agreed that yesterday's performance was one of the best home performances we've seen in years, as regards the football played and exciting attacking threats coming from all sides throughout the match.

Moffat, McCowan and especially Forrest were all excellent, our midfield worked really hard and defensively we looked pretty sound with the exception of a 15 min lapse in the 2nd half. Unfortunately Doohan made a bad mistake and had a couple of handling issues during the match, however the conditions were horrendous and I still wouldn't swap him for any keeper in this division.

As for our squad being thin, well, we managed to bring on Doolan, McGuffie and Adams who all contributed and that still left Kerr and Ferguson as unused subs on the bench, then over and above this we were without Frank Ross, Craig Moore and Ecrepont is another who looks capable of stepping up if need be.

I know some are looking for perfection but realistically with our open attacking style of play we are always going to concede goals, however the secret here is to ensure we score more than the opposition which, looking at us yesterday, am quietly confident that we WILL more often than not. Kelly tends to get caught in possession from time to time (similar to Robbie) but we just need to accept this will happen if we want to play the fast, open expansive football that we're doing.

All in all I'm over the  moon with the manner of our victory yesterday and fear that our biggest test might actually be ensuring that we hold onto the likes of McCowan and Forrest as anyone who saw their performances yesterday will surely be interested.

It's only the start, but it really couldn't have been much better..............

I think the best bit of yesterday’s result was McCowan, Forrest & McGuffie all on the scoresheet. Hopefully gives them confidence and you would think it would serve as motivation for those in the Academy just now. For clubs of our size nurturing your own talent is essential.

24 minutes ago, munro7 said:

I think the best bit of yesterday’s result was McCowan, Forrest & McGuffie all on the scoresheet. Hopefully gives them confidence and you would think it would serve as motivation for those in the Academy just now. For clubs of our size nurturing your own talent is essential.

Totally agree... I'd just like to see us getting money for them when they move on. Too many leave for nothing.

Can someone let me know the prices for yesterday?

I was running late and didn't ask - just wanted in to the ground.

Adult, 6 year old, and 4 year old - £30.

I know Dundee United do a kids season ticket for £15 (u16s) - which is obviously exceptional value. Do we have anything similar?

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I know Dundee United do a kids season ticket for £15 (u16s) - which is obviously exceptional value. Do we have anything similar?

U12s Season Ticket is £20.

You were charged 1 Adult (£18) & 2 Kids (£12). A season ticket for the kids is a no brainer. 4 games and it more than pays for itself.

Panda pals season was £15, I think it’s still that price.

I'm just not having any negativity or criticism of our squad after yesterday. I don't know about anyone else but myself and my mates who were at the game all agreed that yesterday's performance was one of the best home performances we've seen in years, as regards the football played and exciting attacking threats coming from all sides throughout the match.
Moffat, McCowan and especially Forrest were all excellent, our midfield worked really hard and defensively we looked pretty sound with the exception of a 15 min lapse in the 2nd half. Unfortunately Doohan made a bad mistake and had a couple of handling issues during the match, however the conditions were horrendous and I still wouldn't swap him for any keeper in this division.
As for our squad being thin, well, we managed to bring on Doolan, McGuffie and Adams who all contributed and that still left Kerr and Ferguson as unused subs on the bench, then over and above this we were without Frank Ross, Craig Moore and Ecrepont is another who looks capable of stepping up if need be.
I know some are looking for perfection but realistically with our open attacking style of play we are always going to concede goals, however the secret here is to ensure we score more than the opposition which, looking at us yesterday, am quietly confident that we WILL more often than not. Kelly tends to get caught in possession from time to time (similar to Robbie) but we just need to accept this will happen if we want to play the fast, open expansive football that we're doing.
All in all I'm over the  moon with the manner of our victory yesterday and fear that our biggest test might actually be ensuring that we hold onto the likes of McCowan and Forrest as anyone who saw their performances yesterday will surely be interested.
It's only the start, but it really couldn't have been much better..............

That’s all very well but what happens when injuries and suspensions to key players kick in and the pitches start to deteriorate. We need a stronger squad imo. Can you imagine losing say Geggan, Murdoch and Moffat for any length of time?

29 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

That’s all very well but what happens when injuries and suspensions to key players kick in and the pitches start to deteriorate. We need a stronger squad imo. Can you imagine losing say Geggan, Murdoch and Moffat for any length of time?

We have to be realistic though with our budget.

Apart from all the players I mentioned earlier I also forgot about Muirhead and the thing is that we do have lots of options as Bell, Adams and Geggan can all play in midfield or at the back if required, Ferguson is capable of playing at FB or also at CH and even Muirhead can cover at RB.

I'd love if we could bring in another couple, however are they going to be anything other than squad players ? and surely we must have a few youngsters who could step in if need be ?

I'd probably take Rudden if available and injury free but watching us yesterday I'm more than Happy with the front three who started and that still leaves us McGuffie, Doolan, Ross and Moore as backup or alternative options.

I'd say we're in a far better position than most other sides of similar size and support in this league and I don't really think we should be comparing ourselves to the Dundee sides or even Dunfermline for that matter.

Anyway, let's just enjoy that excellent team performance yesterday rather than worry about what happens in January or if and when we end up with long term injuries.

We have to be realistic though with our budget.
Apart from all the players I mentioned earlier I also forgot about Muirhead and the thing is that we do have lots of options as Bell, Adams and Geggan can all play in midfield or at the back if required, Ferguson is capable of playing at FB or also at CH and even Muirhead can cover at RB.
I'd love if we could bring in another couple, however are they going to be anything other than squad players ? and surely we must have a few youngsters who could step in if need be ?
I'd probably take Rudden if available and injury free but watching us yesterday I'm more than Happy with the front three who started and that still leaves us McGuffie, Doolan, Ross and Moore as backup or alternative options.
I'd say we're in a far better position than most other sides of similar size and support in this league and I don't really think we should be comparing ourselves to the Dundee sides or even Dunfermline for that matter.
Anyway, let's just enjoy that excellent team performance yesterday rather than worry about what happens in January or if and when we end up with long term injuries.

I don’t disagree with this, however, to say we can’t compete with the Dundee teams and Dunfermline leaves us competing for mid table and I want to try for top 4 again if possible. That said with our current squad I’d probably accept survival.

40 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I don’t disagree with this, however, to say we can’t compete with the Dundee teams and Dunfermline leaves us competing for mid table and I want to try for top 4 again if possible. That said with our current squad I’d probably accept survival.

I didn't mean on the park, more in terms of budgets and squad sizes given their support levels etc.

No, I've got very high hopes for us again this season given the way we totally destroyed Morton for much of the game yesterday !!