The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Is it? Absolutely no chance I could be arsed remembering every transaction I made of using only cash. Using card you can log into an app in 5 seconds and have a detailed breakdown of every transaction made.

Yes it is as Pandarilla so eloquently put it

The point being you don't need to remember as you can physically see what you are spending. It's a bit fucking pointless logging in five seconds after you've decked your bank account

8 hours ago, Iain said:

I'm all for a cashless society. Money is the most unhygienic thing there is.

It isn't. The space bar of the computers in the Dick Institute are

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Ticket system was fine?  Need more folk to scan them. 

Think there was a glitch of some kind from what I overheard from the stewards, lot of folk were getting sent to the club shop. Need more folk too though

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not a great advert for the ticketing system today though.

Purchasing tickets side  of system was no issue what so ever today , there was a small queue for about 5 mins due to a steward sending everyone into shop to purchase tickets yet there were 3 empty points around corner , there was a scanning issue due to the number of new turnstile operators along with a shortage ( plenty of jobs going , 1.5 hrs work living wage , free entry to ground and refreshments at end of shift ) contact ayr united for positions , some new operators were not following process and that will be ironed out for next game , also did not help that we had a visiting group today of over 100 people who all turned up to be scanned in around 2.30 all going to same area of ground , 

@Robbo63

I am a big proponent of the ticketing system but today was not a good advert.

At the North Terrace the operator didn't know what he was doing. I got through with my season ticket okay after he said "I hope this works..."

Then my brother and granddad couldn't get in with their concessions (one a season ticket and one a ticket for the game) and were told there was an issue with concessions and to walk round to the Somerset Road end and when they got there it looked like they were already in the stadium so the operator there had to "check them out" so they could get in.

The system works if in the hands of trained operators. I know its a bit blunt but the guy at the north terrace didnt have a clue. 

If as rumoured we are back in the centre half recruitment business then there appears to be three very experienced operators still available : Anton Ferdinand , Gregg Halford and Matt Kilgallon .... Ferdinand and Kilgallon both got 20 games in the Premier last season .. Might be beyond us financially but just saying ....

54 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

My mate’s a Coventry fan and apparently Michael Rose was tremendous yesterday in their game.

They are already touting him for higher levels.

I wonder if Swansea ,with £17 million burning a hole in their pocket , are casting their eyes north to the Tay and drooling  as our old boy nets four again ? Did the big man get us a % clause as Rose did ????

25 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I wonder if Swansea ,with £17 million burning a hole in their pocket , are casting their eyes north to the Tay and drooling  as our old boy nets four again ? Did the big man get us a % clause as Rose did ????

Swansea etc had their chance with shankland in the summer and shat the bed.

Brilliant to see Rose do well some of our fans also need to keep that in mind when having a go at big Sam that Rose was nowhere the finished article when he joined thought he was a lot better yesterday especially in the first half and will benefit from training and playing with Adams.

18 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Only need defender and out and out forward , we have an abundance of midfielders , 2 more players for those areas should see us through to our annual January signings 

I hope we manage to get them and have a couple of surprise late additions like last season. I was beginning to think we'd be waiting till January to bring anyone else in.

We have looked a threat going forward in our games so far, but could still do with another number 9, preferably a target man to give us a more direct option, especially for later in the season.

I think our defensive vulnerabilities have been clear and we are giving away a lot of needless goals through simple mistakes and we look exposed from set pieces. Hopefully Adams being back fit and bringing in another defender will help with that and we should be ok.

Edited by Honest_Ally