The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

49 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

East fife got rangers that could've been us financially sorted.

Livi got forfar away that could've been us in the last 8.

If we had won the penalty shoot out we would have been away to Hibs , 8 seeded then  ranked in finishing position, Morton would have had East Fife’s place home to Rangers , if we had beaten Stranraer we would have got Livingston at home  , I believe that’s how the unseeded teams were ranked 9-16

Edited by Robbo63

51 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

East fife got rangers that could've been us financially sorted.

Livi got forfar away that could've been us in the last 8.

If Kylie Minogue had met me 20 years ago and married me, I would have been so lucky, lucky, lucky.............................

Until such time as we have a partner for Moff he is going to have to go on his own up there with support from the wingers.  This is probably our strongest 11 just now.  

LINEUP111564335515909.png

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Until such time as we have a partner for Moff he is going to have to go on his own up there with support from the wingers.  This is probably our strongest 11 just now.  

Hard to argue with that line up 

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

He did, but it’s a rubbish point as we weren’t close to topping the group and were never expected to.

If we would've kept a 1-1 draw for 10 mintues against Livingston and win on pens and beaten Stranrear we would've topped the group, it was do-able 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

If we would've kept a 1-1 draw for 10 mintues against Livingston and win on pens and beaten Stranrear we would've topped the group, it was do-able 

Yes it would have been achievable but would certainly have been an over-achievement and you can’t use not finishing top of a group including a Premiership team as a stick to beat us with.

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yes it would have been achievable but would certainly have been an over-achievement and you can’t use not finishing top of a group including a Premiership team as a stick to beat us with.

East fife beat Dundee United 2-0 at Tannidice and pipped them to 2nd with hearts in their group, also Forfar beat St.Johnstone to 2nd place too. 

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

With the squad we have IMO this is our best line up harsh on Moff but him and Doolan don't work together and Doolan gives a wee bit more physical presence maybe Frank Ross can could come in but I haven't seen enough of him yet to form an opinion that he's better than Forrest or McCowan.Screenshot_2019-07-27-22-05-32.jpeg

Would agree with the above, Moffat could rotate with Doolan and Ross with Forest .....

Do we pay anything towards the loans of the likes of Doohan, Ross and Kelly if we do I'm sure it's not a lot because the parent clubs are looking to develop young players not get them off the wage bill, I think we can forget ant permanent signings after yesterday but we can surely get the two players we need i.e another right sided defender and a out and out no9 in the loan market, rangers apparently offered Josh
McPake at the same time as Kelly he could be the defender and McCall talked about striker from down south who we could maybe loan in without breaking the budget

East fife beat Dundee United 2-0 at Tannidice and pipped them to 2nd with hearts in their group, also Forfar beat St.Johnstone to 2nd place too. 

So other cup shocks mean that it’s now expected of us to beat a team in the league above?

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Do we pay anything towards the loans of the likes of Doohan, Ross and Kelly if we do I'm sure it's not a lot because the parent clubs are looking to develop young players not get them off the wage bill, I think we can forget ant permanent signings after yesterday but we can surely get the two players we need i.e another right sided defender and a out and out no9 in the loan market, rangers apparently offered Josh
McPake at the same time as Kelly he could be the defender and McCall talked about striker from down south who we could maybe loan in without breaking the budget

Seen on twitter that Zak Rudden was apparently at the Falkirk game as well as Livingston game which has obviously already been discussed on here. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

The trouble with another two kids is well its another two kids ... You are probably correct though . We have no money for players of a certain age . it is what it is . A big lump up front of the class of Kelly wouldn't do us any harm I suppose . Kyle Joseph (Wigan) and Fraser Preston (Sheffield Wednesday) are Scotland age group guys who may fit the bill ...

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Doolan will start every game barring injury. We all know this.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

The trouble with another two kids is well its another two kids ... You are probably correct though . We have no money for players of a certain age . it is what it is . A big lump up front of the class of Kelly wouldn't do us any harm I suppose . Kyle Joseph (Wigan) and Fraser Preston (Sheffield Wednesday) are Scotland age group guys who may fit the bill ...

Your 100% correct I'd rather we were bringing in some one in that 22 to 26 age group with some experience and something to prove but we have to cut our cloth accordingly I'm know I'm in dream land here but Frazer Hornby at Everton would be an out of this world signing

LINEUP111564335515909.thumb.png.0ea407b7f262aefdd830927171ac0645.png
If he's going to persist with 2 strikers I'd like to see McCowan and Moffat. They link well and compliment one another.