The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

53 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

I'm thinking of hiring Robbo to teach the old dear how to work her laptop. Ten years of me doing it has failed!

Would love to help Angus , but to be truthful I am not very good with technology, only a good learner and the guy who trained me on tickets knew the system inside out and back to front and I only pass on what he trained me on , I need my daughter to do basic things for me online 🤭

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/

Click the above link, then the three horizontal lines. Click sign in and put in your details. If they don’t work then click forgot password. 

You sir are a hero - that link takes me to a completely different looking page than I was on before and is clearly the one the guy in the shop was looking at when I spoke to him on the phone.  Tickets are there and the wee eye icon that Diegomarahenry mentioned takes me to the codes.   

As to why the emails never came I dont know but will deal with that if it happens again next week.

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

You sir are a hero - that link takes me to a completely different looking page than I was on before and is clearly the one the guy in the shop was looking at when I spoke to him on the phone.  Tickets are there and the wee eye icon that Diegomarahenry mentioned takes me to the codes.   

As to why the emails never came I dont know but will deal with that if it happens again next week.

Glad you got there , I resent you an invite email today , did you get it ? As I think that’s why you are now in the site I was talking to you about on the phone , take it you will not need to visit me at 9 tomorrow, enjoy a longer lie in bed 

2 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Glad you got there , I resent you an invite email today , did you get it ? As I think that’s why you are now in the site I was talking to you about on the phone , take it you will not need to visit me at 9 tomorrow, enjoy a longer lie in bed 

Ah was that you I spoke to - cheers fpr the help (and the patience when I tried to get a signal haha).  Nope - still no email I can see but whatever happens we got there - what I see on that link makes total sense based on what you were saying - issue was almost certainly on my side IT wise.    Whatsapped my old man his ticket and will just tell him it took 2 mins haha

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ah was that you I spoke to - cheers fpr the help (and the patience when I tried to get a signal haha).  Nope - still no email I can see but whatever happens we got there - what I see on that link makes total sense based on what you were saying - issue was almost certainly on my side IT wise.    Whatsapped my old man his ticket and will just tell him it took 2 mins haha

No bother , pop into shop if you have time and I will look at the email issue with you 

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately I don’t work for the club , I only volunteer and try to help out the club , even though on here some people seem to say I am a smug p***k as I know the system , can’t keep everyone happy I suppose 🤔

I called the people on here and twitter smug p***ks, who were having a go at the people who didn't know how the process worked because they had managed to work it out and everyone else must be idiots. 

Not people who were trying to help folk

Edited by diegomarahenry

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/

Click the above link, then the three horizontal lines. Click sign in and put in your details. If they don’t work then click forgot password. 

Aye cheers for that. Totally different page from the one that is linked from the Ayr website. You now have all my personal information harvested from your dodgy link. :)

Could this be sorted @Robbo63 ? It isn't really clear that you can get to this page from the Ayr website. 

Another question regarding this and could potentially be a problem later in the season. If we were to pull a team such as Sevco or any other team that will sell out the away end in the cups. What procedures are in place that prevents home end tickets being snapped up in large numbers by away fans?

I think anarchy would ensue if this system led to problems in this situation.

55 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Aye cheers for that. Totally different page from the one that is linked from the Ayr website. You now have all my personal information harvested from your dodgy link. :)

Could this be sorted @Robbo63 ? It isn't really clear that you can get to this page from the Ayr website. 

Another question regarding this and could potentially be a problem later in the season. If we were to pull a team such as Sevco or any other team that will sell out the away end in the cups. What procedures are in place that prevents home end tickets being snapped up in large numbers by away fans?

The link from the Ayr Utd website to total tickets is safe it stores the same information, this is the company we use to provide our online systems , the email sent when purchasing season tickets takes you directly to the total tickets website , if you are not a season ticket holder you go through the Ayr United site to buy but your purchases go to a total tickets account as they are the provider 

good point re future cup ties , it’s something I will raise today with the relevant people as I am not aware if they have a contingency plan ( I believe they will but will make them aware of your point )

Is the problem with the tickets that you have lots of people using different devices, running operating systems, of varying age, and varying email software of varying degrees of protection - aligned with users of varying degrees of tech knowledge.
This will be why it will work for some, and not others.
How much does it cost to develop an app?
Ask@Div he's used to that sort of thing.

43 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

The link from the Ayr Utd website to total tickets is safe it stores the same information, this is the company we use to provide our online systems , the email sent when purchasing season tickets takes you directly to the total tickets website , if you are not a season ticket holder you go through the Ayr United site to buy but your purchases go to a total tickets account as they are the provider 

good point re future cup ties , it’s something I will raise today with the relevant people as I am not aware if they have a contingency plan ( I believe they will but will make them aware of your point )

Sorry my post wasn't clear. The safety thing was a wee joke for ayrunitedfw as he provided a link, nothing to do with the club. I am sure the firm will be a responsible provider.

The problem was when I purchased through the Ayr site it took me to a page that had limited options. The e-mails came through fine and I'm all qr coded up.

I don't use my phone for any kind of transactions only my laptop. I see it as more secure. And I usually only check my e-mails on my phone.  Only when I got the link from aufw did it become clear and the same with another poster.

I'm not having a dig here just highlighting some issues.

I'm not a season ticket holder, does that then mean I cannot buy any future tickets through the Total Tickets site? 

Sorry for ruining you quiet Saturday morning cuppa :)

Edited by I'm Brian

Yes your correct re Ayrunitedfw believe he knows a few dodgy sites 😂

and after purchasing a ticket and logging into total tickets account you can them buy future tickets from that site , sorry for confusion caused 

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Yes your correct re Ayrunitedfw believe he knows a few dodgy sites 😂

and after purchasing a ticket and logging into total tickets account you can them buy future tickets from that site , sorry for confusion caused 

If you get any emails from someone claiming to be a Nigerian prince then you should 100% give them your bank details as requested  😏