The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would imagine having turnstiles is a league rule. Without them how would you prevent ticketless punters just walking in without paying?
I was surprised we're still going through the turnstiles tbf. I assumed they'd just open the big gates and have a couple of stewards standing scanning on the way in. Every other ticketed event in the country will get by without turnstiles.

11 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
26 minutes ago, RedEd said:
I would imagine having turnstiles is a league rule. Without them how would you prevent ticketless punters just walking in without paying?

I was surprised we're still going through the turnstiles tbf. I assumed they'd just open the big gates and have a couple of stewards standing scanning on the way in. Every other ticketed event in the country will get by without turnstiles.

The biggest  difference is that football stadia have multiple entry points, whereas concert venues often have one or two - and they are relatively narrow compared to our exit gates. The queues at the turnstiles didn't move more slowly than last season, and it's a much more efficient way of getting people in.

22 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Hi @Robbo63, if I order a season ticket tonight would it be available for collection in the club shop tomorrow or can it take a few days to process? 

If you order today , it will be ready for collection around about Tuesday , you don’t really need it until next Saturday 

1 hour ago, placidcasual said:
1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Every single ground in Scotland who have tickets for games have turnstiles for entry 

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:
7 hours ago, Hursty said:

Still nothing - phoned the office so they are looking into it and going to call me back.   They do have a record of the order and have the correct email address but not sure why neither of the emails from the club came through. The confirmation / verification page took ages and may even have timed out so that might be part of the problem.

Will see what happens...

The issue lies mainly with the account holders service provider  , shop can get your details and codes for you but in most cases when resent the account holder still don’t get it as their mailbox rejects it, in these cases instore are getting the QR codes for the purchaser and sending as a separate email , if you are having issues please contact store and they will look into the issue and get you an answer , this week with over 500 tickets bought on line , only 3 customers have not received attachment with another 7 finding it in their spam and junk folders 

Edited by Robbo63

2 hours ago, Lochwood said:

The problem I see is people having to stand in long lines to get the match day ticket, and then the same again to get in and there were a lot of disgruntled walk away last week from people who are long term fans. The commercial manager said it takes a milli second to get through, I’m afraid that’s not correct as I had a ten minute wait to get in last week and when scanned the operator has to rip off a section of the ticket, why I don’t know the hand held scanner has the info on the ticket. They also need to rip out the turnstiles as they are holding things up.

Agree with you on a number of points , why do we need to remove part of the ticket as the scanner picks up the different types ( other grounds remove a portion due to having NO scanners )  

why do operators then proceed to log on a piece of paper what the ticket was 

removing both these processes should speed up entry

turnstiles need to be in place in all professional grounds , I believe this is due to being a health and safety rule 

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

I'm getting mine later - i take it i'll be fine buying a few and just sending a screenshot of the code to whoever is using it via whatsapp or something?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, Robbo63 said:

Aye, no idea what the issue is - the guy at the shop phoned me and was talking me through how to log on and access my order and get to the purchases that way as he could read it on his screen, but still nada.   Going into the shop at 9 tomorrow so he can print them for me haha.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Aye, no idea what the issue is - the guy at the shop phoned me and was talking me through how to log on and access my order and get to the purchases that way as he could read it on his screen, but still nada.   Going into the shop at 9 tomorrow so he can print them for me haha.  

Do you have it visible in your account dashboard on the website? there should be a small eye icon you can click to show it. 

Is the problem with the tickets that you have lots of people using different devices, running operating systems, of varying age, and varying email software of varying degrees of protection - aligned with users of varying degrees of tech knowledge.

This will be why it will work for some, and not others.

How much does it cost to develop an app?

31 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Anyone any the wiser as to how to change your password? 

I have no options other than logout or buy a ticket. 

https://tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/

Click the above link, then the three horizontal lines. Click sign in and put in your details. If they don’t work then click forgot password. 

1 minute ago, Honestmen said:

So, if I buy a ticket, is it then on my ph or do I still need to collect in the shop?

When you buy a ticket online you get an email with an attachment which has a QR code , save the QR code on your phone and that will be scanned at gate , no need to go to shop for a ticket , if email does not have the attachment check your junk and spam folder as some emails don’t accept attachments

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

When you buy a ticket online you get an email with an attachment which has a QR code , save the QR code on your phone and that will be scanned at gate , no need to go to shop for a ticket , if email does not have the attachment check your junk and spam folder as some emails don’t accept attachments

Simples (not) Cheers

I'm assuming you work for the club in sone way, I think you need to put in for some over time for all the stuff on here lol

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
12 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

I'm assuming you work for the club in sone way, I think you need to put in for some over time for all the stuff on here lol

I'm thinking of hiring Robbo to teach the old dear how to work her laptop. Ten years of me doing it has failed!

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Unfortunately I don’t work for the club , I only volunteer and try to help out the club , even though on here some people seem to say I am a smug p***k as I know the system , can’t keep everyone happy I suppose 🤔

Edited by Robbo63