The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’ll jump on here and predict
Livi easy win
Ayr win with 2 red cards and 2 injuries - referee to blame and the song that they sing for Kilmarnock to be another 4 page talking point 🤣🤣🤣

Nah we don’t make a big deal of the song on here. It’s only the opposition fans that spark a mass discussion about it.

13 hours ago, Livilegends said:

I’ll jump on here and predict
Livi easy win
Ayr win with 2 red cards and 2 injuries - referee to blame and the song that they sing for Kilmarnock to be another 4 page talking point 🤣🤣🤣

Racist, Sexist, Bigoted, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Anti-Semitic etc, etc.

It's all in a days work being an Ayrshire boy who grew up in the 70's and 80's.

What can I say, we just see it as being "normal"...................

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Racist, Sexist, Bigoted, Homophobic, Islamophobic, Anti-Semitic etc, etc.

It's all in a days work being an Ayrshire boy who grew up in the 70's and 80's.

What can I say, we just see it as being "normal"...................

blink 182 wtf GIF

Another hot take from yer da

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Just bought my ticket for tomorrow. Took 2 minutes and could download it on the page and got an email with it (admittedly went to junk) straight away. Excellent!

Really not sure what people are finding difficult about buying the tickets. Also bought one for the first time yesterday and had no issues. 
One thing that may be beneficially to those lacking IT skills would be a walk through video showing them the simplicity of the system. Although I have to wonder how many of the people saying it is too difficult have ever booked flights / holidays online or bought anything off of Ticketmaster. 

The system presents a set of new opportunities to the club, such running offers on blocks of tickets, retaining some cash flow if we have a lengthy winter call off. In the future I'd hope the club are able to sell the pay monthly season tickets like other teams are doing in conjunction with local credit unions. It may also open up advertising opportunities via competitions. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Really not sure what people are finding difficult about buying the tickets. Also bought one for the first time yesterday and had no issues. 
One thing that may be beneficially to those lacking IT skills would be a walk through video showing them the simplicity of the system. Although I have to wonder how many of the people saying it is too difficult have ever booked flights / holidays online or bought anything off of Ticketmaster. 

The system presents a set of new opportunities to the club, such running offers on blocks of tickets, retaining some cash flow if we have a lengthy winter call off. In the future I'd hope the club are able to sell the pay monthly season tickets like other teams are doing in conjunction with local credit unions. It may also open up advertising opportunities via competitions. 

To be fair one of my friends said they never got the email with the attachment last week, so had to go back to their account to get the ticket. However I believe that may have been a glitch and part of the teething problems. Seems to be up and running wel now.

One thing I would suggest, like you said, (nothing to do with the actual buying or that) would be to see if they can find a sponsor for the tickets. It’s a bit plain and adding a company’s logo on it would bring in some extra cash.

Edited by callum-ayr

37 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm getting mine later - i take it i'll be fine buying a few and just sending a screenshot of the code to whoever is using it via whatsapp or something?

That’s correct you can send QR code through what’s app or photo attachment, separate QR code for every ticket bought , when purchasing tickets you can put in their e mail address and the ticket will go directly to them rather than to you 

49 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

That’s correct you can send QR code through what’s app or photo attachment, separate QR code for every ticket bought , when purchasing tickets you can put in their e mail address and the ticket will go directly to them rather than to you 

Cheers.

I did it 10 mins or so ago - i've got an email from shopper@worldpay.com confirming the transaction but nothing from Ayr Utd - is this something I need to phone up about?

Just now, Hursty said:

Cheers.

I did it 10 mins or so ago - i've got an email from shopper@worldpay.com confirming the transaction but nothing from Ayr Utd - is this something I need to phone up about?

Check your spam folder they should essentially arrive back to back. If you don't have anything in it then phone the shop, I think they can use the transaction number from world pay to track your order. 

16 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Check your spam folder they should essentially arrive back to back. If you don't have anything in it then phone the shop, I think they can use the transaction number from world pay to track your order. 

Still nothing - phoned the office so they are looking into it and going to call me back.   They do have a record of the order and have the correct email address but not sure why neither of the emails from the club came through. The confirmation / verification page took ages and may even have timed out so that might be part of the problem.

Will see what happens...

To be fair ayr united media done an interview last week with Graham and they showed how easy it is to get a ticket online so they have put it out there.

The problem I see is people having to stand in long lines to get the match day ticket, and then the same again to get in and there were a lot of disgruntled walk away last week from people who are long term fans. The commercial manager said it takes a milli second to get through, I’m afraid that’s not correct as I had a ten minute wait to get in last week and when scanned the operator has to rip off a section of the ticket, why I don’t know the hand held scanner has the info on the ticket. They also need to rip out the turnstiles as they are holding things up.

17 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

The problem I see is people having to stand in long lines to get the match day ticket, and then the same again to get in and there were a lot of disgruntled walk away last week from people who are long term fans. The commercial manager said it takes a milli second to get through, I’m afraid that’s not correct as I had a ten minute wait to get in last week and when scanned the operator has to rip off a section of the ticket, why I don’t know the hand held scanner has the info on the ticket. They also need to rip out the turnstiles as they are holding things up.

I would imagine having turnstiles is a league rule. Without them how would you prevent ticketless punters just walking in without paying?