The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Was it not also mentioned in the Ayrshire Post a couple of times. I could understand a couple of home fans maybe not knowing the situation but the vast majority knew what was happening and simply weren’t prepared for it.

The club however should be better prepared and hopefully have a few more areas for buying tickets open. Have tickets with barcodes pre-printed and ready to be dished out.

29 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Definitely.  Worth remembering that 450 Ayr fans showed up at Livingston on Tuesday with every one having to queue at a ticket office that was set up expecting about a tenth of that number.  The kick off wasn’t delayed either.

This is the 4th or 5th time I have seen someone refer to the kick off delay as if it's something the club has the power to decide. It doesn't. Kick off time is the preserve of the referee with input as necessary from the Police. The club could potentially ask the referee to delay kick off if there are delays in getting supporters in but he is under no obligation to agree to it. Perhaps the referee on Tuesday was unwilling to delay the kick off.

Interesting that McCall said we were after 2 players that went to Falkirk in the summer. I would imagine Doyle might’ve been one of them.

Wonder if McCall has a particular guy in mind from down south or if he’ll wait and see if he’s offered anyone after the League Cup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I d say it was more lightly to e Tidster and Sammon .

I'm sure McCall still has contacts down south and I'm willing to bet there is a Scottish player down there not getting a game who'd welcome a paid trip home with some football games bolted on ....

6 minutes ago, railwayend said:

Interesting that McCall said we were after 2 players that went to Falkirk in the summer. I would imagine Doyle might’ve been one of them.

Wonder if McCall has a particular guy in mind from down south or if he’ll wait and see if he’s offered anyone after the League Cup

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I d say it was more lightly to e Tidster and Sammon .

I'm sure McCall still has contacts down south and I'm willing to bet there is a Scottish player down there not getting a game who'd welcome a paid trip home with some football games bolted on ....

One was Doyle. 

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I like the noises the machine makes. 

Yeah, its like a siren when your ticket is accepted. Seems a bit counter intuitive if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yep, that's right, every single Scottish football supporter certainly reads the Ayr United thread on Pie & Bovril! 🤣

No. Just Queen of the South fans though! 🤣

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Let's be clear, the club is doing this to save money (which is fair enough) however for anyone to claim that it's a step forward to help our fans is completely disingenuous as far as I'm concerned........

Not sure how it saves the club money? If we had an automated ticket scanner rather than a person that may be the case. That might be the long term direction but we aint there yet!

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

One was Doyle. 

We dodged a bullet there!

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Apparently this is the last season we're selling paper match programmes for the league games. Online only from next season. 

This is surely the way forward, while we're at it why not just go the whole hog and do away with the actual match and just play a simulated version online similar to that "E-Sports" nonsense.

Sadly, it's not as far fetched as some would think.

Strange times indeed...................

Apparently this is the last season we're selling paper match programmes for the league games. Online only from next season. 

Don't mind the cashless tickets stuff but that is gutting, nothing better than reading the program I still have mine from the Saint Valentine's day massacre of them in 1998 the pages are stuck together because of the rain that day but I wouldn't swap it for anything.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
5 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Don't mind the cashless tickets stuff but that is gutting, nothing better than reading the program I still have mine from the Saint Valentine's day massacre of them in 1998 the pages are stuck together because of the rain that day but I wouldn't swap it for anything.

raw.gif.3230f4e2cdae1ff14ecaefc00e87f667.gif

I can understand why they are doing it but online loses the point of a program for me, my wee lassie was in the panda pals corner last season and you would think she'd won the lottery took the program into school and stuff, unfortunately you can't do that online.

This is surely the way forward, while we're at it why not just go the whole hog and do away with the actual match and just play a simulated version online similar to that "E-Sports" nonsense.
So are you saying there's a possibility actual football is going to be replaced entirely by video games?

Definitely.  Worth remembering that 450 Ayr fans showed up at Livingston on Tuesday with every one having to queue at a ticket office that was set up expecting about a tenth of that number.  The kick off wasn’t delayed either.

Not true me and everyone sitting near me bought their ticket at Somerset days before the game.

2 minutes ago, placidcasual said:
39 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So are you saying there's a possibility actual football is going to be replaced entirely by video games?

Isn't that VAR ☺?

Just now, JohnGAYR said:

Not true me and everyone sitting near me bought their ticket at Somerset days before the game.

I bought a ticket online from Livingston for the section next to ours since it was the same turnstiles.  :lol:

40 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
44 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Aye aye.