The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 hours ago, RedEd said:

It's still the same principle, and paper tickets are available for people without the ticket account. They have been on sale at Somerset since last week and will continue to be. As it happens I was able to buy a ticket for the December game at Palmerston at our club shop.

The biggest difference is that your turnstile operators don't scan the tickets, but they are still cashless. 

Yes, I cannot understand why people are looking for problems with this new system when in fact it is moving us ahead of other clubs. The club should be applauded for investing in it.

Surely it is football that has been an anachronism, with fans directly handing over cash to turnstile operators? When you go the cinema you don't hand over your cash to someone standing outside Screen 4 - you buy the ticket in advance (which can be online, or at a kiosk in the building). Same with music concerts. You can pay with cash in all these cases if you want, but you can also offer other payment methods very easily. The country has seen "peak cash" as described in this article and it is great that our club is supporting greater choice in how we purchase our tickets.

The system has other advantages for all fans - giving special offers such as price reductions to mid-week fixtures for those attending on a Saturday become far easier to do administratively, as does handling rare scenarios such as games postponed after kick-off due to bad weather and so on. I don't know how well the system the club has purchased supports these scenarios of course, but the technology certainly enables it in principle.

The technology is only one part of it however, and I do hope that the club has thought through the logistics carefully so that it doesn't get a bad reputation on day 1.

Yeah SRE currently having a meltdown over tickets for tomorrow, kinda glad i'm missing this one as it's likely to descend into a farce with hardly anyone in before the game. especially with a big away support also probably going to the shop before the game to get a ticket.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Anyone at the draw tonight to hear the Q&A?

Was that ecome w@nker not there? Well I was, those that were will have heard some very good answers to questions I asked the gaffer. Not only that but put my cash where my mouth is although I stopped from bidding anymore than £1k for a bottle of whiskey. I can see Ayr United being owned by the majority of people there last night with someone like Mark Pettigrew controlling the day to day business accumin. Be funny to see the questions on Au media but that chicken pakora was immense. 

Going to my first game of the season today and looking forward to seeing the new look team . Any ideas on the formation ? Will Muirhead and Geggan start in the defence ? Id think with Connor Sammon showing up big Muirhead would be a must . Midfield ? McCowan ,Murdock ,Kelly  and one of about five  possibilities (Doc ,Aldo ,Frank the Tank , Kerr) ! Anyway can't wait to get into the old place and see another Ayr side  entertain on a summer's afternoon .

Got a paper ticket as my online link seems goosed ! Not going to be a huge amount of cup games so no real hardship to go into the shop and by a ticket for my usual seat .

Just tried to buy a ticket online. The link in the match preview just directs you to Stranraer tickets, so currently unable to buy tickets for tomorrow.

Just tried the ticket link there - it looks like you are clicking to buy for the Stranraer game but when you select the ticket and go to basket it's Falkirk right enough

Hurstys right. Just click the match preview link and scroll past the Stranraer bit and instead add a ticket to the basket. It should say vs Falkirk.

5 hours ago, Waniche said:

Was that ecome w@nker not there? Well I was, those that were will have heard some very good answers to questions I asked the gaffer. Not only that but put my cash where my mouth is although I stopped from bidding anymore than £1k for a bottle of whiskey. I can see Ayr United being owned by the majority of people there last night with someone like Mark Pettigrew controlling the day to day business accumin. Be funny to see the questions on Au media but that chicken pakora was immense. 

That’s a bit harsh 😉

Unfortunately I couldn’t make it