The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Looked like a case of how many for Livi in the 1st half hour or so(gave them too much respect), we looked pretty damn decent in the 2nd with wee Forrest on for Doolan.

Went from "we're battling relegation" to "we'll be competing for top 4 again",pleasing.

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Shite first half, good second. Disappointing goal to concede to lose it.

tbf, Lamie made a tremendous run.

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Will need to rewatch on the highlights but looked like really poor lack of marking/tracking his run.

You'll probably be right but our midfielders put in a huge shift in the 2nd half.

Did we go 4-1-4-1 in the second half?

Ross docherty was fantastic in that holding role and there was so much energy going forward to support Moffat.

I thought Ferguson settled on to a game after being ripped apart early on but he might have been at fault for the second goal as well. We really need to not get on his back though, as it seemed our fans were a bit too quick to judge.

Murdoch lacked sharpness I thought, and the boy Kelly will both create and leak goals for us I reckon. He was very exciting at times but every now and then gave a loose pass that led to a big counter.

All in all I'm quite happy with that, or at least as happy as you can be when you lose a match.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Did we go 4-14-1 in the second half?

Ross docherty was fantastic in that holding role and there was so much energy going forward to support Moffat.

I thought Ferguson settled on to a game after being ripped apart early on but he might have been at fault for the second goal as well. We really need to not get on his back though, as it seemed our fans were a bit too quick to judge.

Murdoch lacked sharpness I thought, and the boy Kelly will both create and leak goals for us I reckon. He was very exciting at times but every now and then gave a loose pass that led to a big counter.

All in all I'm quite happy with that, or at least as happy as you can be when you lose a match.

We should play that formation every week if we can get away with it.

29 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
32 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
We should play that formation every week if we can get away with it.

It certainly suited docherty and the four more attacking midfielders. A very good option to have.

I don't disagree but I was highlighting your fat finger error.

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

See Zak Rudden was at the game last night, not sure if he was scouting out both teams who are potentially after him on loan or if he was there to watch the boy Kelly.

How long until he is fit?

Would be a fantastic signing for Ayr but dont see it more likely Livingston

How long until he is fit?
Would be a fantastic signing for Ayr but dont see it more likely Livingston
Not sure, get a feeling it's not until end of August/September which I think is one of the problems for someone signing him.

22 minutes ago, Iain said:

With Craig Moore on a similar timetable it would be a huge gamble.

However Rudden is good at holding the ball up which after seeing Doolan last night i get the feeling he isn't so good at. We need someone to replace Shanklands ability to hold the ball up.

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

However Rudden is good at holding the ball up which after seeing Doolan last night i get the feeling he isn't so good at. We need someone to replace Shanklands ability to hold the ball up.

I think it would be very difficult for any forward to hold the ball up against that Livingston defence last night

So for Saturday you can either order a ticket online which gives you an e-ticket which is then scanned from your phone at the gate, or you can go into the club shop before and buy one, which is presumably a paper ticket?  I didn't really pay attention when this first all came out.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

21 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

So for Saturday you can either order a ticket online which gives you an e-ticket which is then scanned from your phone at the gate, or you can go into the club shop before and buy one, which is presumably a paper ticket?  I didn't really pay attention when this first all came out.

100% correct