The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Surely the attack will be a lot weaker without Shankland. Really not sure about the midfield currently. It wasn’t too long ago McCall wasn’t a fan of getting involved in the loan market. Has Doohan changed his mind or has his hand been forced? Crawford and McDaid could be good players on their day and had potential but were  rather inconsistent. Whilst the two loan players look good on paper turning that into games still has to happen and we have had plenty of previous  to measure from. Ross is proven so if he plays well then could be a strong player but the Rangers player will have an entirely different set of expectations

Doolan and Moffat have scored goals at this level so between them, hoping Moore can produce on his last chance saloon and maybe still another forward, we can see them sharing Shanklsnds tally and a bit more. What we need attaining wise is the midfield to chip in, McCowan, McGuffie and Forrest in particular. 

Watched your game on Saturday 
you appear to be on the small side and may struggle on set plays

Aye we had a small team last season although I’m not sure how many goals we conceded from set pieces but it wasn’t many from memory.

We’ve probably added more height this season and ideally our new striker will bring a bit more.

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

Can you buy tickets up at Livingston before the game tomorrow because I see we're selling them in the club shop which is a bit weird

It will be fine to buy there.  You can buy online for them but not said where we are sitting yet. 

Realised I'm free this Saturday and not the Stranraer game which I had bought a ticket for, Falkirk tickets not up to buy :lol:

It will be fine to buy there.  You can buy online for them but not said where we are sitting yet. 
Realised I'm free this Saturday and not the Stranraer game which I had bought a ticket for, Falkirk tickets not up to buy :lol:

When did you last check for Falkirk tickets? I had a problem getting them about a week ago but apparently there was a glitch that got fixed and I managed to buy them. Unless the website is fucked again which wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

When did you last check for Falkirk tickets? I had a problem getting them about a week ago but apparently there was a glitch that got fixed and I managed to buy them. Unless the website is fucked again which wouldn’t surprise me.

Right now, not there.

Right now, not there.

I’ve just looked at it seems ok.

However it appears one of the 3 seats I booked in the stand is still available to buy despite me having e-mail confirmation that I’ve got the seat booked.

5 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve just looked at it seems ok.

However it appears one of the 3 seats I booked in the stand is still available to buy despite me having e-mail confirmation that I’ve got the seat booked.

Some seats look like they are available to buy but when you click on then it does  not allow you to proceed , system was refreshed today about 1.30 

22 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

This league is shite mate.

Doesn’t exactly take much to stand out. However Andy Murdoch is easily one of the best midfielders in this league and alongside guys like Kerr, Forrest, Ross and Kelly we’re well stocked in midfield.

I hope you're right and if you are, we must have the best keeper (certainly up there surely) as well and Thistle fans still rating Doolan the league's but sown up surely.

Some decent prices available at the bookies...

On 14/07/2019 at 23:16, Superhursy7 said:

Murdoch was outstanding last season and very unlucky not to make the championship team of the year, Mark Kerr even at 37 makes the game look easy, Docharty on his game one of the best midfielders in the championship see the one nil victory against Dundee United at Somerset last season he ran the show, Forrest before a season ending injury last season was as much the reason we were top of the league as any one, McGuffie has all the natural talent in the world a performance like yesterday even against Berwick will give him confidence to kick on, McCowan even this early into his Ayr career was arguably our best player in the last 4 games last season and has started very well this season he could be very very good player from what we have seen, Frank Ross and Stephen Kelly both very highly rated at their respective clubs both their parent club managers were not bad midfielders so I think they might know what they are talking about and could make a big impact for us, yeah your correct we played weak opposition yesterday but I stand by my point I wouldn't swap them for any other midfield in the championship.

Still, at least you arent getting carried away after beating a pub team 7-0!

Andy Murdoch is a good midfielder.... who was released, slightly surprisingly, by another mid table team in this league 15 months ago. Frank Ross was in and out of the Morton side last season. Kelly might be brilliant but at the moment he is an unproven Old Firm teenager with barely a first team game to his name. Docherty is decent but unlikely to get anyone massively excited. Mark Kerr oozes class but is slowing down. 

It's a decent midfield, better than ours for sure but we are seriously short of midfielders. Its not better than Dundee's and I'm far from convinced on one game that its next best either.

Still, at least you arent getting carried away after beating a pub team 7-0!
Andy Murdoch is a good midfielder.... who was released, slightly surprisingly, by another mid table team in this league 15 months ago. Frank Ross was in and out of the Morton side last season. Kelly might be brilliant but at the moment he is an unproven Old Firm teenager with barely a first team game to his name. Docherty is decent but unlikely to get anyone massively excited. Mark Kerr oozes class but is slowing down. 
It's a decent midfield, better than ours for sure but we are seriously short of midfielders. Its not better than Dundee's and I'm far from convinced on one game that its next best either.

It was the season before last that Ross was at Morton but your point is still perfectly valid.

I’d go so far to say Murdoch would get into any other team in this league. Kerr wouldn’t be far behind him but his lack of pace will show this season although stick someone that will run for 90 minutes next to him and it’s not that big an issue. Docherty is solid if unspectacular and Kelly comes with a glowing reference from the coaches at Rangers. That will mean very little if he flops but he looks completely different to anything we had last season in that he’s always looking for a forward pass rather than backwards or sideways.

I wouldn’t say we’ve the best midfield but looking through some of the teams in the league there’s not a lot of quality that jumps out at you.

I don't care who is the biggest team, or who has the best support, the best goalie, best defence, best midfield or best strikers. 

For me I want all Ayr United players and management team to give 100% every time they represent my club.

We won't win every game but its good when we do.

58 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

I don't care who is the biggest team, or who has the best support, the best goalie, best defence, best midfield or best strikers. 

For me I want all Ayr United players and management team to give 100% every time they represent my club.

We won't win every game but its good when we do.

Sometimes the collective effort of a team trumps supposedly "better" teams. I'd rather we had a team who plays well as a unit and is organised than be relying on a couple of good players to carry the team.