The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That will be 12 wins and 1 defeat in the League Cup group stages. 39 goals for and 7 goals against (If my arithmetic is correct)

It appears we like this competition

Edited by I'm Brian

Ffs some people get completely carried away and end up branded “happy clappers”.

We won 7-0 against a team freefalling from League football. Some of these pish posts and you think we’d just beat Juventus! 

Plus ‘happy clappers’ we got our arses handed to us by a Junior outfit with ex Ayr players last season.....remember that?

I’ll bite your hand off for 8th just now and anything else is a bonus..

#taintedglasses

Ffs some people get completely carried away and end up branded “happy clappers”.
We won 7-0 against a team freefalling from League football. Some of these pish posts and you think we’d just beat Juventus! 
Plus ‘happy clappers’ we got our arses handed to us by a Junior outfit with ex Ayr players last season.....remember that?
 #taintedglasses
You ok champ?!?

7 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:
20 minutes ago, Waniche said:

You ok champ?!?

I’m ok mate. Just hate it when some posts are doom and gloom.......then all of a sudden everybody is happy! Been an Ayr fan for 30 odd years and even I had an element of doubt going yesterday! However, holy f@ck am I happy when proved wrong!!

3 minutes ago, Waniche said:

I’m ok mate. Just hate it when some posts are doom and gloom.......then all of a sudden everybody is happy! Been an Ayr fan for 30 odd years and even I had an element of doubt going yesterday! However, holy f@ck am I happy when proved wrong!!

A record away win in the League Cup isn't too bad a way to start the season . Everybody had doubts , some may still do . However the calibre of the three loans McCall has got in raises the expectation levels somewhat . Just a pity the Talbot don't get a shot in this competition for they aren't much better than Berwick and would have fell in the same manner . The league will be tough but I think we are now equipped to finish above Alloa , Arbroath and QoS at least but I guess time will tell .....

43 minutes ago, Waniche said:

#taintedglasses

AA16C305-CE2C-42DF-8018-B1659133BA07.gif.e7b7431e93c72e152cef0b2102445683.gif

Not getting carried away with yesterday's result but some really good signs, McCowan looks like he could be a star full of energy and and knows the road to goal, Moff looks on fire and a budding partnership with Doohan who takes up great positions if he gets the correct service will score his fair share, McGuffie had a great game beating the full back for fun and delivering some really dangerous balls and took his goal really well, Young Kelly Iooked to have a excellent range of passing I'm excited to see him and Murdoch in the same team, Roscoe didn't seam to have much to do but a clean sheet will do him good, Doohan is the best keeper in this league! and we have still IMO our best midfielder in Murdoch to come in along with Ross and Forrest who I think will make big impacts great start to the season and hopefully good times to come again.

On another note re a post made a week ago, Conway will play for Ayr again one day, he told me he’s got unfinished business. However he said he’s got 2 more years EFL championship/League 1 left in him. Then maybe.....

Notice of intent by Dundee Utd tho offering him terms, a lot more than Shankland is getting.....about 3x more and he laughed at it. They are out to win the league and chucking money at it. 

4 hours ago, Waniche said:

Unfortunately that's just the nature of the beast, as Ayr fans we should all know that another Talbot is lurking never too far away, so I suppose we shouldn't blame folks for celebrating a 7-0 away victory, even if it is against a side who've just been relegated out of the league.

Irrespective, it's a great confidence booster for our new look side and the added bonus is Doolan getting off the mark on his competitive debut and also the linking up of Moffat, Doolan, McCowan and McGuffie, which with Forrest and Ross still to come in confirms we've got options.

It's all good..................

5 hours ago, Waniche said:

I’m ok mate. Just hate it when some posts are doom and gloom.......then all of a sudden everybody is happy!

If we can't enjoy a result like this one, what's the point in supporting the team? 😀

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:
15 hours ago, Hursty said:
Should hardly even count...but thats another clean sheet for Doohan

Was the record he was close to hitting last year for league clean sheets or clean sheets in all comps?

Pretty sure it was all comps

Two years ago today we pumped them up the road in the Betfred cup most of that team have moved I'd say only Geggan, Moff and Doc would be classed as first team regulars now harsh on Jamie but he's been on the sidelines for ages. I'd honestly say we have upgraded in every position in the two years since this gameScreenshot_2019-07-14-20-10-04.jpg

44 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Two years ago today we pumped them up the road in the Betfred cup most of that team have moved I'd say only Geggan, Moff and Doc would be classed as first team regulars now harsh on Jamie but he's been on the sidelines for ages. I'd honestly say we have upgraded in every position in the two years since this gameScreenshot_2019-07-14-20-10-04.jpg

Interesting to note the upgrades we have on positions:

Doohan > Hart 

Geggan

Rose > Bell

Roscoe > Higgins

Harvie > Boyle 

Forrest > McDaid

Murdoch > Docherty

Kelly > Adams

Ross = Crawford (Not seen yet)

Moffat

Doolan > Moore

Our strongest 11 IMO, others may disagree.

That's a very timely comparison. And interesting that it doesn't include McGuffie or McCowan, both of whom featured prominently yesterday. One or two of the youngsters are also getting close to the first team squad so it's looking promising at least. I shouldn't be optimistic because I'm an Ayr United fan but I'm enjoying the feeling for now. 

1 minute ago, Jazzar said:

That's a very timely comparison. And interesting that it doesn't include McGuffie or McCowan, both of whom featured prominently yesterday. One or two of the youngsters are also getting close to the first team squad so it's looking promising at least. I shouldn't be optimistic because I'm an Ayr United fan but I'm enjoying the feeling for now. 

I would say McGuffie and McCowan are the form players, but Forrest overall at this stage is the stronger player. Perception may change 10 games into the season though! 

Yeah, I think it’s particularly pleasing to see such a young exciting group, could go the other way, but I feel it’s going to be an exciting team to watch.

Interesting to note the upgrades we have on positions:

Doohan > Hart 

Geggan

Rose > Bell

Roscoe > Higgins

Harvie > Boyle 

Forrest > McDaid

Murdoch > Docherty

Kelly > Adams

Ross = Crawford (Not seen yet)

Moffat

Doolan > Moore

Our strongest 11 IMO, others may disagree.

Yeah but was that our strongest eleven two years ago?