The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

42 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
On 09/07/2019 at 15:57, Salem Saberhagen said:
We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.
ETA: Not that friendly results mean anything...
image.png.9b6364a485f29ea12cb9600744bc7ab1.png

Yep just like Talbot in the cup was a sare yin for u so this is not your year

lane kiffin roll GIF

53 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.

I still get a kick out your lot celebrating like f**k when you thought you had a consolation goal against Hearts and the linesman's wee flag went up, a real reminder of the beautiful game.

5 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 15:57, Salem Saberhagen said:

Ah the talk is about Sevco and along comes a Junior fan. Colour me surprised.

How's the begging going for the floodlights? Manged to raise £3.50 yet for a few candles?

9 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

ali g GIF

10 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon we’ll add a goalie (wonder who that could be...) and that’ll be us until after the Betfred. Those 4 games should give McCall a better idea of what is actually needed. Plus teams in the league above will probably deem players as surplus and will be releasing them, similar to Smith at Hearts last season.

So do you think that there is budget still available to spend or are we waiting to see if a payout comes from the Betfred cup? Personally I think our squad looks weak and will struggle to replicate the last few seasons where we got out of the group stages. That’s fine if we still have some cash in reserve but would be concerned if it depends on a wedge coming from the cup

43 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

So do you think that there is budget still available to spend or are we waiting to see if a payout comes from the Betfred cup? Personally I think our squad looks weak and will struggle to replicate the last few seasons where we got out of the group stages. That’s fine if we still have some cash in reserve but would be concerned if it depends on a wedge coming from the cup

I reckon there will be budget left after we sign a goalie and we’ll wait till after the Betfred to see who then becomes available much like we’ve done the last few years. Current squad is more than capable to be competitive in the group. Minimum injuries would see us be comfortably top 8 in the league IMO.

I'm already very pleased / excited about this squad we've put together.

Looking at it, we have this boy from Rangers who's basically replacing Robbie and if he lives up to anything like his "wonderkid" tag, then we could have found a cracker, we've then got Frank Ross who again looks like he could potentially be a huge upgrade on Declan McDaid and then if we add a fully fit and firing Alan Forrest, a young and exciting Luke McCowan and the two old hands of Moffat and Doolan then we could have a recipe to cause carnage in opposing teams defences once again.

Roscoe will hopefully come in and prove a worthy replacement for Rose and if we can get Doohan back then all in all I think we can look forward to the season ahead with some real optimism.

Come on the Ayr !!

Think we’ll still need a couple of old heads to help the young lads along . McCowan , Ross , Kelly , Harvie , Forrest , McGuffie and a few others , probably squad players will still need that helping hand on the pitch during games and round about them when the going gets tough , especially in that league . A couple of older experienced lads now for me and we should be ok .

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Think we’ll still need a couple of old heads to help the young lads along . McCowan , Ross , Kelly , Harvie , Forrest , McGuffie and a few others , probably squad players will still need that helping hand on the pitch during games and round about them when the going gets tough , especially in that league . A couple of older experienced lads now for me and we should be ok .

Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Moffat, Doolan, Moore all have loads of experience, but I would say our quota for “young hungry” players is reaching its maximum. Although I wouldn’t label Doohan as that, his experience last year would mean his a stable player at this level.

11 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

I see Auchinleck's communal potato has managed to pick up an Internet signal.  Thanks for your intelligent input. Tatty bye then.

image.png.ba1472652ab8a7fe80603dd876ca0f85.png

Edited by Salem Saberhagen

Old heads that’ll play . Adams , Docherty , Moore don’t play enough . Constantly injured and cant see that changing as its been going on for years now .

We need regulars on the pitch , no now and agains , is he fit is he no fit . I’ll give you Moffat , Kerr and Bell and i’ll reserve judgement on Doolan until we see him play .

11 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Old heads that’ll play . Adams , Docherty , Moore don’t play enough . Constantly injured and cant see that changing as its been going on for years now .

We need regulars on the pitch , no now and agains , is he fit is he no fit . I’ll give you Moffat , Kerr and Bell and i’ll reserve judgement on Doolan until we see him play .

Rather than old heads it’s probably established regulars I would like to see sign. Doolan is probably closest to this category but looked out a bit out of sorts last season. The defence looks particularly fragile if Ferguson has failed to progress massively from before

32 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

With all due respect I think some of us need a good dose of reality !!

We're a 2nd tier Scottish team with one of the smallest budgets in the league, as such I'd say we've built up both a large and pretty good quality squad given the resources at our disposal.

I also find it rather unbelievable that Doolan is more or less being written off before he's kicked a ball, even though he's been a proven performer at SPL level not so long ago.

Who do people think we should be signing if Doolan's not "proven" ?

Messi ? Ronaldo ? Iniesta back from Japan??

Edited by WATTOO

Doolan is probably about as proven as they come in terms of realistic targets for us.

Guys like Moffat, Kerr and Bell are all very experienced players at this level and will still have a big part to play. Even Alan Forrest has over 200 senior appearances to his name so he’ll be a good asset for us.

However aside from Doohan, I don’t think it’s wise to bring in anymore loans. That’s why we should probably wait and see what players will be allowed to leave permanently before the league gets underway.

I actually think we have a good mix of experience and young players. Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Geggan, Moffat, Doolan and Muirhead are al very experienced players.

We still need ideally three more players, GK(Doohan), Striker and a right back. I’ve heard that a deal for Dapo Medude on loan from Rangers could be close while someone on the SRE has mentioned Jack Aitchison from Celtic. I reckon we’ll only get a right back if we qualify from the league cup group. 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I actually think we have a good mix of experience and young players. Bell, Adams, Kerr, Docherty, Geggan, Moffat, Doolan and Muirhead are al very experienced players.

We still need ideally three more players, GK(Doohan), Striker and a right back. I’ve heard that a deal for Dapo Medude on loan from Rangers could be close while someone on the SRE has mentioned Jack Aitchison from Celtic. I reckon we’ll only get a right back if we qualify from the league cup group. 

How many loans are we allowed? If Doohan comes in and also a striker on loan that would be four loans, I would take Jack Aitchison if there is any truth to it.

Is Aitchison not more of a second striker like Moffat or McCowan? He didn’t really do anything at Alloa last season either. Mebude is more of an unknown quantity and only 17 I think which could go either way tbh.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Is Aitchison not more of a second striker like Moffat or McCowan? He didn’t really do anything at Alloa last season either. Mebude is more of an unknown quantity and only 17 I think which could go either way tbh.

To be fair Mebude will be 18 in the end of the month. Aitchison hardly kicked a ball last season, i don't know if he wasn't good enough for alloa or if he was injured.