The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Getting our arses handed by the rangers development offt. 

As for the RB situation, I think it's time we see Ferguson this season, whenever he's played, he hasn't been that bad and I'm sure he can be capable enough. Obviously the main target is doohan before the Livingston game. I really hope that roscoe has a bit of pace on him as muirhead, bell and Adams couldn't run to save themselves.

32 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

While I agree with what your saying I still it is pivotal that we get all the positions that McCall is wanting filled.

GK- This is pretty self explanatory. #announcedoohan

RB- We have Ferguson and Geggan probably fighting it our for this position. Geggan is very injury prone as we know while Ferguson is unproven at this level. Done well enough at Dumbarton last year but a bit of a gamble to be counting on him to be first choice.  As D'Jaffo says if the right back could cover Centre Back that would also be a bonus as Adams is injury prone, Bell's legs look like they are starting to go and Muirhead hasn't really impressed (Other than his first couple of games).

CM- Murdoch should be a nailed down starter for one of the centre mid spots. Docherty. Kerr, Adams and Bell are all decent enough options however I feel we need a more attacking player in here. Someone that can maybe chip in with 5-10 goals a season.

ST- For me we have two number 10s (Moffat and McCowan) and two number 9s (Doolan and Moore).  Moore is out for the start of the season and Doolan and Moffat are both aging. Think its crucial we get a younger striker, possibly a loanee.

Yes, I'd go along with all of that.

Regarding Muirhead, I think he could be ok in the right team, however with our style of play I don't think that's us, although with us losing Crawford, Rose, Smith and Shankland, we may not be capable of playing the same style of possession football that we did last season.

Who knows ??

Edited by WATTOO

5 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Sure a pumping by the Rangers rejects will do the morale a lot of good ahead of the professional season starting on Saturday emoji23.png.

On a more serious note it's not the worst considering we're not a finished team and the Rangers team had players who were in the first team the last couple of years.

We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.

ETA: Not that friendly results mean anything...

image.png.9b6364a485f29ea12cb9600744bc7ab1.png

Edited by Salem Saberhagen

1 hour ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

Finished 6-1 to Rangers...

I believe the term is 'pumped'.

1-0 with our 6/7 first teamers , all other goals scored against our under 20s

Edited by Robbo63

17 minutes ago, Salem Saberhagen said:

We may not be a finished team but half those Rangers players were boys. Getting hounded 6-1 is a bit of a sare yin.

ETA: Not that friendly results mean anything...

image.png.9b6364a485f29ea12cb9600744bc7ab1.png

We horsed AFC Fylde 5-2 at the weekend and you'd say they're playing at a similar if not higher level than ourselves.

Rangers : Jak Alnwick, Jordan Houston, James Maxwell, Danny Finlayson, Rhys Breen, Jason Holt, Graham Dorrans, Jamie Murphy, Josh McPake, Eros Grezda, Joe Dodoo this was the rangers team, aye a few youngsters but it's far from a developmental team

I don't think we'll get a RB or a midfielder. I think we'll get our keeper and a striker and that'll probably be it.

Yes Ferguson is a gamble but that's where we're at. We have cover if needed and if it's clear Ferguson is a week link them we try to replace him in January.

Plenty of midfield options, just short up top.

El Bhauktoui still not signed for anyone as far as i can see, the way things are going he could be a shout. Not got a fecking clue how you spell it so that's my best guess.
It's spelled - Shite.

13 minutes ago, rb123! said:

El Bhauktoui still not signed for anyone as far as i can see, the way things are going he could be a shout. Not got a fecking clue how you spell it so that's my best guess.

Not the worst attempt tbh. 

I normally just went for Faiss, his best spell of his career came beside Moffat but I don't think his failings are as simplistic as that.

19 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think we'll get a RB or a midfielder. I think we'll get our keeper and a striker and that'll probably be it.

Yes Ferguson is a gamble but that's where we're at. We have cover if needed and if it's clear Ferguson is a week link them we try to replace him in January.

Plenty of midfield options, just short up top.

I’d much rather another midfielder than a striker. Forrest, Moffat, McCowan and Doolan can al play up top with Moore to come back and we’re desperstely missing a creative attacking mid option. Unless McCowan was to go there. Kerr, Murdoch and Docherty are all too similar.

Every signings a risk but with our budget he would be to much of a risk any player comming in has to be as good if not better than what we have we can't be carrying passengers.