The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, AyrExile said:

Are we playing Rangers in a friendly next week? Heard a rumour we might get a player on loan from them

I noticed on Twitter an employee liked James Maxwells teeet (young Rangers midfielder) who has just signed a new deal, maybe him? Albeit he’s only 17.

Edited by callum-ayr

2 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

They are in talks , partnership or full takeover ? Who knows , think we will hear one way or another soon 

Isn't everyone at the moment ?

Dundee, Dundee Utd, Partick Thistle, Falkirk, Hibs just to name the recent / current ones.

Of course we're likely to end up with a tuppence hapenny property developer from Troon as opposed to a multi million or billion pound consortium.

Then again, that may not be such a bad thing...............

14 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t get the Moffat not lasting 90 mins each week , he is the fittest player in the team and in all pre season training he was proving that on time and strength testing always up at the top of the timings , does physical training 7 days per week when most other players are only on 4 days 

I'm just going with what I saw with my own eyes last season.

He's coming up on 35 and visibly ran out of steam towards the end of last season, he was also rested / subbed on occasion which was fine when we had loads of cover, however looking at our current pool I think we'll need to rely even more on him this season than last.

Incidentally, I'm not in any way shape or form criticising him here as I felt he was one of our best players over the course of the year..........

They are in talks , partnership or full takeover ? Who knows , think we will hear one way or another soon 
Does Kirkwood actually have that much money?, I mean I know Cameron is very well off but obviously doesn't invest it all because he would never see it back.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

I noticed on Twitter an employee liked James Maxwells teeet (young Rangers midfielder) who has just signed a new deal, maybe him? Albeit he’s only 17.

Names weren’t mentioned. Had heard it might be two players so maybe this player and hopefully someone more match ready

I saw that stevie may has been linked with 4 Scottish clubs on loan, I wonder if we're in for him.

The article literally says Saints, Dundee, Dundee Utd and St Mirren allegedly. You’re getting nowhere near him in terms of wages. Neither are we for what it’s worth.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

He (James Maxwell) also follows Ayr United and Ayr United media on twitter. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

The article literally says Saints, Dundee, Dundee Utd and St Mirren allegedly. You’re getting nowhere near him in terms of wages. Neither are we for what it’s worth.

Dundee United will need to offload sow for that to happen, he isn't premier league quality. So yeah in all it wouldn't be a bad move for him.

10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He (James Maxwell) also follows Ayr United and Ayr United media on twitter. 

He used to play for our academy but moved when the family moved away from Ayr a few years ago due to his dad’s work. 

Dundee United will need to offload sow for that to happen, he isn't premier league quality. So yeah in all it wouldn't be a bad move for him.

You’re saying Stevie May, scorer of 20+ goals in a season and who has a full international cap isn’t a Premier League player?

I mean I don’t necessarily disagree, but how much have you seen of him?

You’re saying Stevie May, scorer of 20+ goals in a season and who has a full international cap isn’t a Premier League player?

He’s been on the tele enough with Aberdeen in the last couple of years to know how good he is. Plenty of guys have played for Scotland that I wouldn’t say are “Premier league quality”.

For what it’s worth he had one very good season but has never done anything else to back it up. One season wonder imo.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

A full international cap which is 1 game. And yes I have saw him at Aberdeen for the past 2 years. He had 1 good season.

He’s been on the tele enough with Aberdeen in the last couple of years to know how good he is. Plenty of guys have played for Scotland that I wouldn’t say are “Premier league quality”.

For what it’s worth he had one very good season but has never done anything else to back it up. One season wonder imo.

He scored 19 in 22, 25 in 33 then 20 in 38, across 3 seasons.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about with the above tbh.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

2 of those season were not in the premier league with one of the in the 4th tier. He scored 8 goals in the past 3 years.

Yes and 2 of those season were outside of the Premiership. You said he’s Premiership quality, scoring goals in an inferior league doesn’t back that claim up.

So I think it’s you that doesn’t know what you’re talking about.

Yes and 2 of those season were outside of the Premiership. You said he’s Premiership quality, scoring goals in an inferior league doesn’t back that claim up.

So I think it’s you that doesn’t know what you’re talking about.

You said he’s a one season wonder and has only ever played well for one season. I prove the facts to say that claim is bollocks, the level is irrelevant, he’s shown that he’ll score or did show he could score at any level.