The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Smell a rat and a big one at that if Kirkwood is the source

Planning permission needed , if he owns the place problem solved

His failed junior boss son who thinks he’s better than he is getting involved

And for my tuppence worth Shankland would have got his big move if he’d played at even 50%  of his early performances in the second half of the season , clearly he didn’t and that’s how he’s ended up at Dundee who are most certainly a step up from Ayr whether you like it or not and like others have disliked them since the Conway deal.

4 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Why would that gladden you? You don't expect Dundee United to be one of Little Ayr's relegation rivals surely? :unsure2: 

What you going on about ?? All I stated was it would have been a strong partnership , nothing about Ayr United , I for one think DU will win league 

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

See the guy that runs the belrock has gone on a tirade of abuse to Shankland on twitter, charming, although i'm not happy at his chosen move to go to that extent is just wrong, not as if he's going to see that and think oh shit i better move back to Ayr

9 hours ago, rb123! said:

Extremely disappointed by this for Shankland and makes us look like idiots. He's going to have a lot of questions to answer now as to why his 'big move' has gone tits up. Imagine McCall will be fizzing with him.

My love for him has completely gone now he's signed for those wanks. Still, will make it all the funnier when they fail to get promoted for another season.

Big Jamie Adams to snap him in half, yes please.

Interesting that you would think giving Shankland abuse on Twitter is wrong but it's OK to hope one of our players snaps him in half...

2 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

They are a big club mind you so you cant blame him .

Couldn't really give a f**k, I'm more interested in knowing whether we're heading to be an eternal diddierdiddy, will wait until I hear more details.

1 minute ago, Hawlino said:

I know , im the same . Just grates on me how these bigger clubs help themselves to our players . Dundee Utd , Dundee , Livingston etc

I think it's only yourself that thinks you're an Ayr fan.

How many goals has Shankland scored since Christmas or since he got injured. I can't remember him getting very many goals in the second half of the season, I think he maybe got a couple of goals from the penalty spot.  If Dundee Utd get him fully fit again then they have a great signing. Good luck to him.

1 minute ago, Sludden123 said:

How many goals has Shankland scored since Christmas or since he got injured. I can't remember him getting very many goals in the second half of the season, I think he maybe got a couple of goals from the penalty spot.  If Dundee Utd get him fully fit again then they have a great signing. Good luck to him.

He scored s few, but most were penalties.

Well I'm off to watch that tribute video that [mention=77568]capperauld_96[/mention] made and have a wee cry. 

I’ve went into hiding, got my flight booked to a country that doesn’t have the internet or any possible means to watch football.

13 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

He got 6 goals after the 15th of December by my reckoning - penalties v Morton, Alloa and QoS,  a free kick v Inverness and open play goals v Alloa and Ross County.  

In fairness though the injury obviously played a big part - he never managed to get that yard of sharpness back and clearly the head went down - was missing loads of chances that in the previous season and a half he was tucking away without even thinking.  

Edited by Hursty

I’ve went into hiding, got my flight booked to a country that doesn’t have the internet or any possible means to watch football.
Living and working in Dundee could be difficult next season. f**k me.

I've just had the greatest single season of my life and this feels like a very bumpy landing.

Interestingly enough Cameron has confirmed there’s talks about a takeover happening and they are progressing. This coinciding with Kirkwood taking a bigger role on the Ayr board is interesting.

This in the AP?, hopefully a billionaire, first thing to buy Shankland from Dundee United in January, scenes [emoji23].

The whole Kirkwood taking over is what I heard ages ago from a good source.

Somerset sold off for housing. Ayr moving to new stadium at Dam park to share with Ayr Rugby Club. Ayr becoming a community interest company.

Hope it's all a load of rubbish.

Cameron would never sell to a person who was going to do that to the club I wouldn't have thought.

However I never thought Shankland would leave us and make one of the most sideways moves ever so don't trust anyone is the motto.

No surprise if Kirkwood wants more of a say in the club if its right he ploughed hundreds of thousands into the club to keep them afloat .
The man must look in that Directors box and wonder what all those guys in club ties are doing for the the club .

1 hour ago, ftk said:
1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:
Kinda what I was thinking when I saw it last night.
Tried and failed in the big league so happy to stay down a level.

Killie couldn't afford Shankland plus he hasn't had his tetanus shots.

Killie weren't interested in him, so dunno where you got that from.

As I said, it's his level. He was a dud at Aberdeen and maybe thinks playing in the lower leagues is his comfort zone.  A Primark Kris Boyd if you like.

He's from the East End of Glasgow, I'm sure he's past the stage of tetanus jabs.

Still funny that your superstars best option was Dundee Utd though given the massive clubs he was allegedly attracting attention from.