The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s zero point in him staying at Ayr either. The natural progression is a move up a level. Signing for Dundee Utd isn’t going up a level.

Ultimately he needs to look after himself, if Dundee Utd are splashing the cash and giving him a better offer than anyone else then it could indeed be the best move for him. United are obviously expecting promotion with all the money they're spending and if and when they're promoted he will be firmly in the spotlight of a team who would be expecting top 6 in the Premiership.

Remember, he's only 23 so lots of time ahead of him to get a really big move if one doesn't come off right now.

In all honesty, the biggest let down for me would be to see Shankland sign for United and then move on for £500k+ in January which of course would effectively be money for nothing for United.

It's also money that we would have missed out on due to the current financial setup of the game and how the smaller clubs in particular can't ever either afford, or get players to sign a decent length contract.

Still, it is what it is and we all know the score.................

Sunderland's owner is very active on Twitter and has indicated that talks with clubs and players over signings aren't hugely affected by the takeover. He's also not selling out completely, just selling a percentage of his stake in the club. So Shankland could still end up there.

If he does end up at Dundee United though, I'll happily fight anyone who gives him pelters.

Big club with big ambitions with a big history . Of course its about moving to a bigger club regardless what league their in .

Always been a club looking to progress meanwhile wee Ayr are quite happy plundering about the lower leagues signing loan deals and older players and beating our local neighbours once every 10 years .

Ayr or Dundee Utd come chapping your door . Who you going to plump for ?

Big club with big ambitions with a big history . Of course its about moving to a bigger club regardless what league their in .

Always been a club looking to progress meanwhile wee Ayr are quite happy plundering about the lower leagues signing loan deals and older players and beating our local neighbours once every 10 years .

Me personally? Ayr obviously

As I said you’re missing the point so I won’t waste my time trying to educate you.

3 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Would you class Dunfermline as a big club? 
In Premiership terms I'd lump them, Dundee Untied, along side Kilmarnock / Motherwell in term of current size. 

You clearly don't think Lachlan has an ambition going by that post, what makes you think he is happy just hovering around the championship / top league 1? I've seen genuine progress since McCall came in and they club is in the best shape its been in for as long as I can remember.

Now now , don’t get annoyed because someones not agreeing with your every word .
Me personally Dundee Utd . Depends what your ambitions are i suppose .
Lets see what Shanklands are and whether he signs for them or fancies returning to Ayr . Why did he not stay with Ayr if he had ambitions himself ?
Dunfermline ? Yes , bigger club than Ayr .

Now now , don’t get annoyed because someones not agreeing with your every word .
Me personally Dundee Utd . Depends what your ambitions are i suppose .
Lets see what Shanklands are and whether he signs for them or fancies returning to Ayr . Why did he not stay with Ayr if he had ambitions himself ?
Dunfermline ? Yes , bigger club than Ayr .

I would sign for Ayr because I’m an Ayr supporter. Quite simple really.

Signing for any club in this league is a waste of time for him regardless of who they are. Dundee Utd being a bigger club is completely irrelevant.

If he has ambitions for himself and to progress his career and become a better player then he won’t sign for Dundee Utd.

26 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Did Dundee Utd not sign older players and loans last season?  No one is saying Dundee Utd aren’t a bigger club than Ayr. You’re embarsssing yourself trying to argue that. We all know you’re an alias and a troll so I suppose it’s not unexpected. 

Anyway, I highly doubt he’ll sign for Dundee Utd or anyone in this league.

All depends what clubs are in for him. If Shankland goes to a really big club will he get plenty of first team game time?

Moving to Dundee Utd, playing every week and then gaining promotion to premiership could be a decent career move for him.

If I was him though I would be trying to get a Scottish Premiership team or English League One/ Two club to showcase his talent.

Not sure Yinited would be a great destination at the moment. 

Their best striker, Safranko kept getting stuck out wide with an out of sorts Osman Sow trunding about up top.

Anyway, he's gone and we wish him all the best but time to concentrate on the future.

That's the ST purchased for next season so another £260 in the kitty.

Steady Callum son . I know but they’re still a bigger club . Check out their history . Then have a look at their fan base, ground , ex-players and internationalists etc and honours . Just saying i think they’re a bigger club . Only my opinion , doesn’t make me an uneducated troll .

I'm just waiting for a breaking story from the sun today about Shankland making an astonishing u-turn and potentially heading back to Ayr as McCall makes a last chance saloon contract offer to re-sign him.

5 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Steady Callum son . I know but they’re still a bigger club . Check out their history . Then have a look at their fan base, ground , ex-players and internationalists etc and honours . Just saying i think they’re a bigger club . Only my opinion , doesn’t make me an uneducated troll .

It does make you a tiresome jobby though

Would you class Dunfermline as a big club? 
In Premiership terms I'd lump them, Dundee Untied, along side Kilmarnock / Motherwell in term of current size. 

You clearly don't think Lachlan has an ambition going by that post, what makes you think he is happy just hovering around the championship / top league 1? I've seen genuine progress since McCall came in and they club is in the best shape its been in for as long as I can remember.

Hmmm would say we are bigger than Motherwell and Killie tbh. Currently in the championship or not. Our history and support size surpasses these clubs easily.