The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Brilliant signing for Ayr. He was poor last season by his standards but then again, he was carrying an injury for a large part of the season and we were dreadful before the January window. It’s ridiculous that some of our fans were as quick to write him off.

Caldwell is a fucking moron for letting him go.

Edited by Hammer Jag

3 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Brilliant signing for Ayr. He was poor last season by his standards but then again, he was carrying an injury for a large part of the season and we were dreadful before the January window. It’s ridiculous that some of our fans were as quick to write him off.

Caldwell is a fucking moron for letting him go.

Please tell me he’s now over said injury? 

Delighted, gonna be a weird situ in his house every week end , wife and in laws are die hard Killie and I thought that would have been a problem , McCall looks absolutely buzzing with this signing, two really clever footballers in him and Moffat now if the Mccowan boy steps up could be really good

Doolan is an ok signing for you guys he is a Firhill legend but past his best I’m afraid. When McDonald who hadn’t played for a year came in he was miles ahead of Doolan. His exit wasn’t handled well by Thistle but it was the right time to let him go. Hope he does well for you guys next season 

Hopefully Doolz isn’t another Kyle , Beattie or Vareille . We seem to attract strikers near the end of their career who struggle with injury and cant get going . Whats Andy Walker up to nowadays ?

18 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Hopefully Doolz isn’t another Kyle , Beattie or Vareille . We seem to attract strikers near the end of their career who struggle with injury and cant get going . Whats Andy Walker up to nowadays ?

Big Jerome did a job tbf. Plus he hates the Killie.

12 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

When he's on form his first touch is brilliant, his "signature" goal was the first touch to buy space and send the defender the wrong way, then finish with the second. Last season that seemed to have gone, I was in the camp that at 32 he still had plenty to offer and in a winning team would pick up again but I can see the other side  which is obviously where Caldwell stands as well.

Since someone else has posted above, the second goal at 1.39 in is pretty much the sort of goal I'm talking about, albeit it's 3 touches rather than 2.

First goal in this video as well

The second goal in this video, away to Hibs, is my favourite Doolan goal - sublime from start to finish.  He may not be able to do that any more, but he's still a big loss to our club (f--k off Caldwell!) and likely to be a big asset for Ayr.  Hope he scores a barrel-load for you this season, except against us, obvs.

When we were talking about getting experienced pros in I was quite worried we'd plump for Doolan, time will tell I suppose but as a replacement for Shankland that's a massive decrease in quality. 

There’s not really anyone we could’ve attracted to Somerset that wouldn’t have been a massive decrease in quality.

We’ve still another striker to bring in and a winger and midfielder so I’m guessing we’re looking to spread the goals out this season.

I would say we need quite a big target man now as our final striker, cause the ones we've got at the moment have zero height, don't think Doolan is the tallest in the world but may be wrong.

Edited by rb123!

As long as McCall doesn't genuinely consider Doolan as a direct replacement for Shankland, then I'm happy. We can't be relying on a 32 year old who will undoubtedly get injuries throughout the season.

McCall said that when trying to replace Shankland he wanted at least one striker with a track record at this level so I’m guessing whoever he brings in next might either be a loan or a lower league striker.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s not really anyone we could’ve attracted to Somerset that wouldn’t have been a massive decrease in quality.

That's absolutely true, but with the success of Shankland I thought you would've had luck getting in a player on the rise with the example of what you've done with Shankland and Rose. 

As it is since his really fantastic 16/17 season he's managed 12 league goals in 66 league appearances? Fair enough if he's a Moff type who brings out the best out of those around him but I don't remember him as that sort of player.