The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of wage these guys were on?

No but I’d be surprised if Shankland was actually included in the budget. I thought his wages were paid separately similarly to Dobbie at QOTS although it was Cameron and another board member in our case.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

No but I’d be surprised if Shankland was actually included in the budget. I thought his wages were paid separately similarly to Dobbie at QOTS although it was Cameron and another board member in our case.

Is Kris Doolan signing for yourselves all seems to have went quiet the last couple of weeks,  last i heard McCall was confident of landing him.

1 minute ago, Passionate said:

Is Kris Doolan signing for yourselves all seems to have went quiet the last couple of weeks,  last i heard McCall was confident of landing him.

No we can’t afford him

We're playing Rangers U18's in a closed door game at the Hummel training centre on Tuesday 9th July.

*Development squad sorry, read it wrong, did wonder why we'd be playing against under 18's 

Edited by rb123!

26 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
30 minutes ago, Hawkes97 said:
Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of wage these guys were on?

TBF I have said similar on here but after reading what the chairman said yesterday re other staff and and other expenses we don't think about it puts it more in perspective.

Yep I agree, his comments certainly gave more perspective and insight into the often forgotten/undiscussed aspects of running the club. I was just wondering if anyone had heard any figures as I would have personally thought that Shankland would have been on around 1K a week.

30 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Oh joy. We’lljust sit back and do nothing and be then left with the dross that no other club wants. Seems like a sound plan especially when we are in need of 6 (six) players.

Don’t know why so many people are panicking on here, we have the same number of players now that we had at the same stage last year , it’s not the dross that’s left it’s the guys who think they are worth more than what’s been offered by a number of clubs , only the big teams who underperformed last year are splashing the cash , we have more players than more than half the league , McCall has not let us down in recent times in the transfer market , judge the team after Betfred Cup

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

No we can’t afford him

Not true !!! The guy is still considering our offer along with a much better offer from Dundee, to some players it’s not all about the money , perfect example last year was Lawrence Shankland could have doubled his wages but chose to stay at Ayr for another year at start of season 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Don’t know why so many people are panicking on here, we have the same number of players now that we had at the same stage last year , it’s not the dross that’s left it’s the guys who think they are worth more than what’s been offered by a number of clubs , only the big teams who underperformed last year are splashing the cash , we have more players than more than half the league , McCall has not let us down in recent times in the transfer market , judge the team after Betfred Cup

To be fair it's not actually that many folk panicking I don't think, just the same few folk bangjng on about it constantly and looking for a negative spin on every single story / comment. 

Just now, Hursty said:

To be fair it's not actually that many folk panicking I don't think, just the same few folk bangjng on about it constantly and looking for a negative spin on every single story / comment. 

100% agree with you , 

10 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

9 hours ago, Hursty said:

9 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

100% agree with you , 

Absolutely

10 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

A couple of points to consider though. Firstly its four of our best players plus Robbie that have left and replacing this calibre  of players is going to be difficult. It would have been better if some replacements had arrived early on as it shows we are prepared .and a proposition. If we are left scraping around at the last minute it’s going to be tough finding half decent alternatives. Last season at this time a lot of us probably expected a relegation scrap. After a fourth place finish plus the manager talking about promotion then expectations are somewhat higher this year. Whilst you can’t fault McCall in the transfer market and he usually comes good  however even the most loyal fans must be wondering how this will turn out 

Anybody else thinking it's a bit strange that most clubs are going back pre season next week and Shankland hasn't got a club yet? I thought he'd have been signed up straight away.
Think he is on holiday. Also seems very likely its sunderland he will be off to but they have a takeover in the offing currently. Maybe waiting till that's done before the singing.

Arbroath away on 28th September.  Delighted to get an away day there before winter kicks in.    Also interested to see our home game v Dunfermline in November is on at the same time as the Cyprus v Scotland qualifier - would be a good day out if our game got pushed back to 5pm or something.