The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

McCall stays in Glasgow anyway he is always on Byres road

Yup , but his office is in Ayr and training will finish around or just after 12 o'clock . So rather than come down to Ayr to his office and work from there he has been meeting players in Glasgow and trying to get them to sign for Ayr United ......

Don’t think we will see any new players announced imminently, I think too many players are asking for too much and will be more savvy next week when all clubs are back in pre season and they are in need of a club/wage , think the bigger desperate for success clubs are paying over the odds for what they are getting

Edited by Robbo63

Have we went part-time again ? If were finishing about 12 . That should save money if we have .

We only train half days twice a week is my understanding.

The other 3 days is the full day.

Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of wage these guys were on?

Don’t think we will see any new players announced imminently, I think too many players are asking for too much and will be more savvy next week when all clubs are back in pre season and they are in need of a club/wage , think the bigger desperate for success clubs are paying over the odds for what they are getting

Oh joy. We’lljust sit back and do nothing and be then left with the dross that no other club wants. Seems like a sound plan especially when we are in need of 6 (six) players.

Several people on the SRE arguing that our budget should not be significantly reduced as our top earners (Shankland, Crawford, Rose and Smith) have all left. 
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what kind of wage these guys were on?
TBF I have said similar on here but after reading what the chairman said yesterday re other staff and and other expenses we don't think about it puts it more in perspective.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Oh joy. We’lljust sit back and do nothing and be then left with the dross that no other club wants. Seems like a sound plan especially when we are in need of 6 (six) players.

tbf it's a plan that's worked out for us in the past.

Don’t you realise that the other teams in this league need players just as much as us if not more. We’ve got 15 players fit players so far. Dundee have around the same.

By my reckoning we’re ahead of the likes of Partick, Alloa, QOTS, Arbroath, Morton in terms of recruitment.

We’re unlikely to have the 6 players in by the Betfred Cup but that’s no surprise given in the last few seasons McCall has always added to the squad after the league has begun.

Chill out ffs.