The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In a ideal world:

GK- Doohan

Defender- No idea, Michael Doyle from qots perhaps

Centre Midfielder- An attacking one, someone who can chip in with 5-10 goals a season. 

Winger- a direct winger, someone who can take on the full back and beat him and get decent balls into. Boy from Coventry maybe? 

Strikers- Zak Rudden and Kris Doolan. If we’re wanting to go with a target man upfront perhaps Ross Stewart? 

Gk - With you .

Defender - I'm going with a bit more ambition : Ryan McGowan , but maybe in reality another Aberdeen youth .

Centre Midfield - agree but Telfer fits your criteria and Crawford doesn't . (don't bite just saying)

Winger - Reice Allasani is a good shout ,can play central as well but a more modest option would be Cadden  Only viable if the correct forwards are played .

Strikers - Your two would be my dream partnership . Rudden is a big lad ,could do the target business .

Would any one take Jack Aitchison from Celtic on loan now I know I know that he didn't exactly set the heather on fire with Alloa last year but you don't get in the Celtic team at 16 if you don't have something about you maybe McCall is the man to bring it out of him.

4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

From a purely defensive perspective I'd agree with you, however if we are continuing to play the same passing and possession style of last season, then Muirhead will become a liability with his punting the ball as opposed to passing it on the deck out of defence.

Last season we were able to build up and play out from the back with Rose and Bell along with Smith & Harvie all comfortable on the ball but if we're going to have the likes of Ferguson, Muirhead and Adams, then I think our style of play will need to completely change, especially with one of our best link men in Crawford now gone.

Who knows ?

I suppose we'll need to wait and see who else we sign.............

I saw all of his matches with us and his distibution was generally quite disappointing. I'm not sure he would fill me with confidence playing at Championship level, but as a full back combo alongside Cammy Ballantyne, he represented a big upgrade on anything we had in the first half of the season.

15 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would anyone take Myles Hippolyte, who has left dunfeminine

Going by the last few pages our squad is miles aff it so I can't see why you'd be taking our cast offs tbh. 

21 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Would anyone take Myles Hippolyte, who has left dunfeminine

No, he was apparently a bad egg in the Dunfermline dressing room. They payed him off to get rid of him which tells its own story. 

In terms of finding a winger I think Zanatta or Allassani would be decent additions. Likewise I’d take one of Stirling or Thomas if it was possible.

I liked Cadden last year but I’d only have him as a worst case scenario. He wasn’t a bad player but never looked like someone that would chip in with any goals.

Ayr United 2019/2020

Signed up

Goalkeepers: 

Ellis Hare-Reid

Defenders:

Aaron Muirhead

David Ferguson

Steven Bell

Daniel Harvie

Andy Geggan

Jamie Adams

Sam Roscoe

Finn Ecrepont (Under 20s)

Michael Hewitt (Under 20s)

Nathan Baird (Under 20s)

Grant Thorburn (Under 20s)

Midfielders: 

Ross Docherty

Andy Murdoch

Mark Kerr

Luke McCowan

Craig McGuffie

Alan Forrest

Strikers: 

Michael Moffat

Craig Moore

Kris Doolan

Leon Murphy (Under 20s)- On loan to Stranraer till January. 

Mark McKenzie (Under 20s)

Gabe Skeoch (Under 20s)

End of Loans:

Nicky Cadden (returned to Livingston)

Calvin Miller (returned to Celtic)

Ross Doohan (Returned to Celtic)

Departed:

Michael Rose (Coventry City)

Liam Smith (Dundee United)

Chris Higgins (East Fife)

Declan McDaid (Dundee)

Lawrence Shankland

Robbie Crawford (Livingston)

James Hilton (Stranraer)

Stuart Faulds

Spoiler

Updated squad list. Only really positing it to save me trawling back 80 odd pages every time we get s Piece of transfer news. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

23 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I saw all of his matches with us and his distibution was generally quite disappointing. I'm not sure he would fill me with confidence playing at Championship level, but as a full back combo alongside Cammy Ballantyne, he represented a big upgrade on anything we had in the first half of the season.

Yes, from what I've seen of him he always seemed reliable and solid enough defensively, however his distribution and composure on the ball are what's worrying me.

Yes, from what I've seen of him he always seemed reliable and solid enough defensively, however his distribution and composure on the ball are what's worrying me.
If Ferguson's going to be RB defensive we should be fine but we are going to need a winger to beat folk and put the ball in because Ferguson's not going to be up and down the wing like Smith was.

41 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If Ferguson's going to be RB defensive we should be fine but we are going to need a winger to beat folk and put the ball in because Ferguson's not going to be up and down the wing like Smith was

Ferguson may have improved in his time with Duffy at Dumbarton ,I really hope so . Nobody we bring in will be a match for Smith on pure football . However we could get some height into the team at right back . It'll be important at set piece time against the likes of Ict or perhaps Morton . Ferguson was to me  a poor defender ,I still remember the wee Clyde striker robbing him and putting the cross in for Goodwillie to score . He also lacked a bit of aggression required for that position . Maybe if our budget runs thin it could be a way of getting Doc into the team . On saying that the lad should be given a chance ,lets stick him in at Berwick ....

I see over on the Dundee thread that Doolan moving to them looks to be a done deal.
As much as I can see why we are interested in him I won't be to fussed if we miss out I'm sure there is better younger hungrier options that we can get I'd rather have Ross Stewart from Ross County if we are looking for a target man or somebody like Rudden from Rangers if he's going on loan again.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

As much as I can see why we are interested in him I won't be to fussed if we miss out I'm sure there is better younger hungrier options that we can get I'd rather have Ross Stewart from Ross County if we are looking for a target man or somebody like Rudden from Rangers if he's going on loan again.

Has Stewart been released from County?, if he has he'd probably need to take a pay cut. We'd also require someone who could put decent crosses into the box for him to head in, which for us is quite a challenge!

Has Stewart been released from County?, if he has he'd probably need to take a pay cut. We'd also require someone who could put decent crosses into the box for him to head in, which for us is quite a challenge!
No but I can't see him being first choice so might be get freed or out on loan he's an Ayrshire lad so might fancy coming back to the shire, your right though Harvie can whip in a half decent cross but need wingers who can get it in the box.