The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just going back on the Dunfermline signings.  Nisbet has a lot to prove at this level like Shankland did, do I think he could match what Shankland did? No. Turner and Murray untested at this level. Paton part of the Falkirk mess last year and Lang in the same category as Nisbet. Not saying they won’t turn out to be good signings, but on the face of it it’s a big risk IMO.

At least with us so far, Roscoe seemed to do well at this level, a tried and tested defender. Let’s see what the next few weeks bring.

Was so , hopefully new player announced by middle of next week , talks have taken place , believe it has been whittled down to us and 1 other club 

Doolan I’d imagine?

There’s not actually been a lot of rumours about who’s signing this season apart from Doolan so he’s the only one I can think of.

Would definitely take Charlie Telfer as Crawfords replacement, a central midfielders who scored 5 goals, badly need players from midfield who can score goals. Issue was masked last season with Shankland upfront.

Get a feeling there will be a lot of teams after Telfer.

Leon Murphy????
Thoughts Guys???
Hope you have a good season!!!!

Highly rated by McCall and staff. Apart from scoring on his debut vs East Stirlingshire he’s only really made a handful of appearances.

He’s never going to play for us this season so sending him to league 1 should benefit him if he gets regular game time.

Roscoe comes across well in the interview with AUmedia, seems fairly intelligent and articulate about his role, strengths as a player and what he wants out of his career. Refreshing, to be honest! Not sure how bright the rest of the team are...

Stranraer  really do have a lot to thank Ayr for. Between away crowds and ex players/loans we're basically keeping the club afloat these days.

We were also good enough to alleviate their financial woes by taking on Bells wage.

This move should let us see whether Murphy can make the step up.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

We were also good enough to alleviate their financial woes by taking on Bells wage.

This move should let us see whether Murphy can make the step up.

Yip, only seen glimpses of him and that was two seasons ago I think. Hopefully he's progressed a fair bit since as he looked quite good then

24 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Stranraer  really do have a lot to thank Ayr for. Between away crowds and ex players/loans we're basically keeping the club afloat these days.

Despite this they still hate us

I fully believe there is Stranraer fans out there who’d rather see Ayr United lose than Stranraer win. 

Despite this they still hate us
I fully believe there is Stranraer fans out there who’d rather see Ayr United lose than Stranraer win. 

I’ve genuinely never understood why we are viewed as their rivals.

I think it goes back to a 7-1 hounding we gave them at their place  back in the bad old days . 1973 maybe . Some of our fans were to say the least very boisterous that day ! Pre segregation days and a 2,000 travelling support with alcohol allowed in . What could possibly go wrong ?

So with a little movement on the transfer front our run on 11 looks maybe a little like this :

Doohan (just putting him in there F**k it)

Ferguson    Muirhead     Roscoe    Harvie

Geggan   Kerr    Murdoch   Forrest

Moffat     McCowan

Subs from ;  Adams , Bell , Eccripont , Moore , McGuffie

More changes later I hope .