The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
51 minutes ago, rb123! said:
I'll be seriously pissed off if Crawford signs for another championship club or a premiership mickey mouse club like Hamilton.

Aye it'd be daft for him to go to a club like Hamilton who play in a higher division and will pay him more money.

Pipe down or we’ll take Michael Doyle. 

Fs Tom Lang away to Dunfermline, hate to say it but Dunfermline looking seriously good, thought we'd be battling with them for mid table but just now they look miles better than us.

Tom Lang was playing League 2 last season and completely flopped last time in the Championship. He may have improved but it’s still a big gamble.

Likewise with Turner, Murray and Nisbet. None of them are proven Championship players. Add that to the Falkirk esq English lower league signings and Paul Paton and I’m not really seeing anything impressive. They’ll be mid table next season.

Really gutted about Crawford. Hope he kicks on, definitely has the ability, just didn't quite happen at ayr. Really rate him. If I'm honest I was surprised that he stayed as long as he did with the amount of unfair criticism he received during his time here.

Crawford isn’t much of a loss imo. He had completely stagnated at Ayr United and needed a move to hopefully reignite his career 
He was one of our top earners last season so money saved in that department.
McCall has a big job on his hand the next few weeks.
As a bare minimum we now need 6 players:
GK- Hopefully Doohan
Defender- Hopefully a right back that can play centre back or vice versa.
Central Midfielder
Winger
Two Forwards

Aye basically this

Any decent midfielders out there that can score 5 or 6 goals in this division??

Ah well Robbie's gone ,hope he gets a good move . Never been my cup of tea but never booed him ,not once . However would love it if he went to Livingston and with us going up there in the Bet Fred Cup . We could all watch Andrew Murdoch giving him an absolute schooling in centre midfield . Same rules apply to McDaid's run in with Andrew Geggan next season .

Now McCall know's the full picture . He can push on and get the players we need ,six if my count is correct .Looking forward to seeing who he gets ,particularly Robbie's replacement .

McDaid v Geggan would be a great battle to watch next season. Andy would know exactly how to rile him up and get him whinging.

This gets me excited.

However I’ll find it very strange watching Shankland in a Sunderland kit going up against Rose in a Coventry kit.

If someone works out that Crawford is best suited to a 3 man midfield he could really kick on.  He’s a player we took for granted much too often and played out of position too many games,  so I think it’s time for him to move on for his own benefit.  Definite loss for us.  In the market we’re in, with the budget available, I’m not clear we’ll do much better. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye basically this

Any decent midfielders out there that can score 5 or 6 goals in this division??

They'll not be easy to find, certainly released ones, there will be ones out there but most will be under contract at a club.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

They'll not be easy to find, certainly released ones, there will be ones out there but most will be under contract at a club.

I'd say we need to cast the net a little wider than normal as we all know what's available in this division and none of the options fill you with any sort of excitement or confidence for the coming season.

Let's hope we have some good contacts outwith Scotland (Castilla ?) as I fear we're running out of quality options on these shores unless McCall can unearth a few more gems, however it's not always a great idea to fill your side with young and inexperienced players and we've already got quite a few of those as we stand............

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fs Tom Lang away to Dunfermline, hate to say it but Dunfermline looking seriously good, thought we'd be battling with them for mid table but just now they look miles better than us.

I'm actually thinking the opposite with Dunfermline, they have signed players from the lower leagues unproven at this level, and Paul Paton who is done.

Certainly not looking "seriously good" on my piece of paper

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

I take it this was the potential announcement today Robbo63 was talking about.

Was so , hopefully new player announced by middle of next week , talks have taken place , believe it has been whittled down to us and 1 other club 

10 minutes ago, rb123! said:
54 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
Has Charlie Telfer got a club yet?

Not sure, thought he'd signed for Falkirk but that was maybe the other Morton midfielder, can't remember his name.

You are thinking of Tidser I think. 

Tidser has signed for Falkirk ,but they are also after Telfer who played 29 times last season and scored 5 goals . Not a bad option for us to step in and offer Championship football . Also youngster Liam Burt just released by Rangers ,very tidy play ....