The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Unfortunately I think they will just find a new target

David Ferguson already earmarked followed by Muirhead & Harvie.

Edited by WATTOO

Every home match I heard supporters in the crowd moaning about Crawford and then they came on here for a moan. No doubt they will still be moaning now that he has moved on. Good luck to him where ever he ends up.  Never really like him anyway. Lol 😅 (only joking)

26 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Talented and excellent on his day but incredibly frustrating when off it. One good thing is it will calm down all the roasters who combust with rage the second he touches the ball.

Wish him all the best wherever he goes.

Moorey, they had already started last season 

So that's us needing a starting lineup, Goalkeeper, Centre Forward and Midfield Playmaker as an absolute minimum.

Let's hope Mr McCall has already got guys in mind.

A young Argentinian striker would be good, it seemed to work well for Mallorca in their bid to get out of the segunda, however the work permit could be the biggest issue ??

Probably the best decision for him, as long as he upgrades. He was loyal, especially staying after relegation,  but I  think there was the danger of him stalling at Ayr and he's at the age now where he really needs to kick on with his career.

So that's us needing a starting lineup, Goalkeeper, Centre Forward and Midfield Playmaker as an absolute minimum.
A young Argentinian striker would be good, it seemed to work well for Mallorca in their bid to get out of the segunda, however the work permit could be the biggest issue ??
I will pretend you are not comparing us with mallorca lol but it would be great to get a hidden gem lol

Who will the happy clappers obsess over now? Noticed Harvie being talked up as the next big thing

Yeah imagine talking a player up that has played well for months.

Absolute madness.

3 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:
6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I will pretend you are not comparing us with mallorca lol but it would be great to get a hidden gem lol

In fairness they were in the Spanish 3rd division last season, however Yes, there is a bit of a gulf both in class and in budgets !!

Crawford isn’t much of a loss imo. He had completely stagnated at Ayr United and needed a move to hopefully reignite his career 

He was one of our top earners last season so money saved in that department.

McCall has a big job on his hand the next few weeks.

As a bare minimum we now need 6 players:

GK- Hopefully Doohan

Defender- Hopefully a right back that can play centre back or vice versa.

Central Midfielder

Winger

Two Forwards

I'll be seriously pissed off if Crawford signs for another championship club or a premiership mickey mouse club like Hamilton.

Aye it'd be daft for him to go to a club like Hamilton who play in a higher division and will pay him more money.

All the best to Crawford. Happy we now know and can look to replacing him.  Hopefully we can replace him with a midfielder who can add goals and assists. Kerr/Docherty/Adams/Murdoch all defensive options so time to bring in an attacking option.