The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He's away on holiday apparently according to The Sun, however he went on holiday straight after the season finished so either the sun is talking pish or he's got multiple holidays.

Nah he’s in Dubai with Liam Smith.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'm only saying it cause I'll still get to watch him lads :lol:

I'll be doing cartwheels if he goes to the Stadium of Delight mk2.

Get the feeling we’re setting ourselves up for a fall here....

The Crawford situation is starting to drag out now. Is there multiple offers for him? Surely if there was he’d have said like McDaid did he’s off, especially if there is more than one. Seems to me he’s got nothing concrete and doesn’t want to lose Ayr as a backup plan, but isn’t keen on staying. Give him a deadline and then if not look elsewhere for a replacement. 

The last player to go from Ayr to Sunderland was Dick Malone, who ended up winning the FA Cup with The Mackems in 1973. A repeat of that would be tremendous, would feel like a proud Dad.

Totally agree with Callum about Robbie Crawford. if he is holding out for another offer and using Ayr as some kind of backup option, then the offer should be wiped from the table after a certain period of time. If we're looking to progress as a club, we should be aiming to be more than just a safety net for players that believe they can do better.

The fact we’re letting the Crawford situation drag on is probably an indication of how much trouble we’re in i.e. we have so few other “irons in the fire” we’re willing to wait and wait and wait.  

9 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

The fact we’re letting the Crawford situation drag on is probably an indication of how much trouble we’re in i.e. we have so few other “irons in the fire” we’re willing to wait and wait and wait.  

This is like the 3rd/4th year in a row this has happened. There’s always a Premiership team or team from down south interested then ends of re-signing. 

This is like the 3rd/4th year in a row this has happened. There’s always a Premiership team or team from down south interested then ends of re-signing. 

I don’t think he’ll re-sign this year.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re definitely signing someone today.

Spotted in the car park pen in hand rumour or concrete? 

Edit....just saw the tweet. :thumsup2

Edited by Hawk89