The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Personally, think Devlin is a better player than Smith - he also got a far bigger move than Liam Smith did.

Devlin was our only attacking threat in our championship season, from right back. Of course he was going to be caught out of position at times as he was trying to do everything himself. We were hopeless. Think he improved loads defensively in terms of one v ones and was rarely beaten in this sort of situation. Don’t think he can be blamed for being caught out of position due to trying to provide our only attacking outlet.

I think there is a bit of a blind spot for Smith at times, good player yes but he has also been given a bit of a roasting a couple of times.

Ah right that makes Smith a far better , yip , far better player than Devlin . A young lad who at 22 was made Club Capt and went to play over 139 games for the club . Far better but hahahaha .

Devlin being captain and playing more games has nothing to do with his ability.

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think there is a bit of a blind spot for Smith at times, good player yes but he has also been given a bit of a roasting a couple of times.

Could just change the name tbh and same point tbh.  Like them both.  

Devlin is a classic wing back , a 3-5-2 systems would favour him more . Bigger stronger boy than Smith ,and much more direct . Smithy is a bit more cultured and has a range of passes Devlin doesn't have . Classic BMW 7 series versus a 4 x 4 Range Rover ...

On that , I wish we still had them both .

Livingston will pocket £1.1M for prize money this season and are guaranteed much the same again at the end of the season even if they finish last .  This lets them sign one or two on £100,000 a year contracts . That's the holly grail  we must aim for . Truly a game changer ..................

Good luck Terry , sounds like a good move and if yous catch some of the youngsters out Whitletts way and get them to games and turn them into fans even better . Good catchment area for the club . All the best .

Its a crunch game , we need 3 points to stay up or its the final of the Scottish Cup and you sit down at your desk to pick your team . Smith or Devlin , who you picking ?

Smith

7 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

Its a crunch game , we need 3 points to stay up or its the final of the Scottish Cup and you sit down at your desk to pick your team . Smith or Devlin , who you picking ?

Well that's easy, if it's a crunch game they would both be injured.  McCall would suggest he thought more people would attend. 

I heard yesterday from a credible source that Crawford to Hamilton is more or less a done deal, so that should please about 60% of our support.

Smith over Devlin for me, however it's difficult to compare as different teams, different style, different times. Both excellent FB's for us so that should be good enough for anyone.

Is this "Hawlino" character an Ayr fan or just someone from another club doing a bit of trolling ??

Complete cretin, irrespective..............

56 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is this "Hawlino" character an Ayr fan or just someone from another club doing a bit of trolling ??

Complete cretin, irrespective..............

100%, either way he is a roaster. Our thread seems to be a magnet for them at the minute.

Fingers crossed for some imminent signing news so they dissapear into the ether again.

11 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Has to be Jolly from the old Honestpage / Real Jolly from the Somerset Road end message board

Ahh I’d forgotten about him. How do we end up with all these fuckers?

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

100%, either way he is a roaster. Our thread seems to be a magnet for them at the minute.

Fingers crossed for some imminent signing news so they dissapear into the ether again.

I think they're on the ether.

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

Has to be Jolly from the old Honestpage / Real Jolly from the Somerset Road end message board

That was my thought. If he starts going all Nick Griffin on us then it's Jolly