The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
44 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
If the coaching staff aren't scoring then what kind of example does this set for the players. 

What about Doohan clean sheets are great but what's the point of a keeper who can't score

Doohan out Doolan in. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, itzdrk said:
Doohan out Doolan in. 

I think McCall should just let Dundee have Doolan it's not worth trying to explain to some of our supporters why our star young keeper from last season has suddenly became a 30 something target man striker

Big Chris Doohan 

On 05/06/2019 at 22:19, rb123! said:

The AP is saying this CB we're after is still on the books of a premiership club, which means it can't be Harrington, interesting.....

Also trying to get a closed door pre season game against Rangers at Murray Park.

Up until Jan I reckon there would’ve been Swansea and a few other Championship teams looking at him but his form and fitness dipped and he looked to be carrying an injury which has probably put a few off.

I’d say Pompey or Sunderland would probably be an ideal move for him right now.

13 hours ago, Panda Pies said:
14 hours ago, Hawlino said:
Id put him in there , scored 2 goals last season compared to eh nane .

Are you Roxanne's man?

As an occasional visitor to the thread I was wondering where Roxanne's  man had got to.  Has he re-invented himself? 

Has anyone any update on the Rossco situation ? 

I saw Liam Kelly is now apparently heading to Palace which probably isn't the best of news for us.

The worry is that should we not get him back who are we likely to turn to ??

Has anyone any update on the Rossco situation ? 
I saw Liam Kelly is now apparently heading to Palace which probably isn't the best of news for us.
The worry is that should we not get him back who are we likely to turn to ??

I’d imagine if we don’t get Doohan it’ll be another loan keeper. This is a gamble as he could either be another Doohan or another Ruddy.

If you believe the leaked Celtic transfer documents Dorus De Vries is out and Craig Gordon most likely too, so that would leave Celtic with just Scott Bain, Conner Hazzard And Ross Doohan on the books unless they sign at least one other keeper it's looking unlikely Ross will be back.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine if we don’t get Doohan it’ll be another loan keeper. This is a gamble as he could either be another Doohan or another Ruddy.

This is maybe the downside of not giving Hare-Reid a run out last season, although he's obviously just a young boy himself.

I reckon Ross was worth 10 - 12 points to us last season as we started to take his excellent handling and shot stopping for granted. Yes, he made a couple of daft mistakes over the course of the season but all in all I thought he was up there with our best keepers at Somerset over the years and that's extremely high praise given the guys that we've had.

I've probably said it before but if he continues to develop the way he has been, then I'd fully expect him to be the Scotland #1 within 3 years.