The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

29 minutes ago, Hawlino said:

McDaid will score yous 10 goals, he’ll be fitter and sharper as well with the full-time training he’ll get...good signing for Dundee

Depends on what McDaid turns up for Dundee, he had plenty of chances at Ayr, but he failed in most of the games.  Some nice touches, but his final pass/ cross was terrible.  He could prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Good luck to him.

Don't think McDaid will cut it week in week out in a starting 11 at Dundee, he'll quickly get found out by better wingers at the club and probably drop to a bench player by around Christmas.

In saying that he'll probably go there and turn into Ronaldo and put Daniel Harvie on his arse four times next season. Bit annoyed he's moving to another championship club instead of a prem one but hey ho, money probably talked.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Heard a rumour the CH we are after is Barry McGuire from Motherwell - was at QotS last season but cant remember anything about him. Seems to fit McCall's signing youngsters from the Scotland U21 squad though

Decent player has the odd mistake in him but you expect that in a young player .

This would only be a loan deal as he signed a 2 year contract with Motherwell.

Good to see the squad is beginning to take shape with most returning for next season apart from the obvious ones.

Just need Crawford to sign and then add to that with the six new signings and we'll be rocking and rolling again.

McDaid away now Shankland to announce tomorrow his next club . Ayr are gubbed bottom 4 next season

McDaid is not a huge loss. I’m fairly confident we can replace him with someone better.

22 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Decent player has the odd mistake in him but you expect that in a young player .

This would only be a loan deal as he signed a 2 year contract with Motherwell.

FWIW: It was a one year deal he signed. I'd be a bit surprised if we let him go on a permanent deal tbh as Robinson's been talking about trying to get him into the first team.

Barry Maguire has extended his deal with Motherwell Football Club until the summer of 2020.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/03/07/maguire-pens-contract-extension/

And Shankland

You can’t replace him obviously but we’ve known he’s away for months so it’s no surprise.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see who we bring in. Far too early to say we’ll be bottom 4.

8 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

McDaid away now Shankland to announce tomorrow his next club . Ayr are gubbed bottom 4 next season

That was always going to be the case, even with those players.