The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Shankland admits himself that he was a phonecall away from going part time. he was training on his own. we had him on trial and only offered him an initial deal till Xmas. 

Quite right tbf given how he’d performed the previous season.

There would’ve been uproar had we given him a 3 year deal.

In fairness to the club they have tied down Ecrepont on a three year deal. High expectations given he's in the Scotland youth squads but we had similar players in those squads in the past that never amounted to much for various reasons. 

Would definitely like to see him given the chance this year if Harvie's injured or suspended rather than shuffle the likes of Ferguson over to left back.

3 year deal won't always work though as had we given Rose an initial I'm sure the club would have been criticised based on his rather indifferent first season.  

Thats the nature of football at this level one year deals probably suit the club and players most of the time, if you think about it when was the last time we paid a fee for a player or sold a player?

I think we ended up paying compensation for Jordan Hart but it was next to nothing.

I think we'll be due a development fee for Robbie if he moves on this summer . Maybe £20,000 . Nobody was going to give Shankland a three year deal when he first came in after getting binned by Morton , Saints and the Pars . However I would have tried to get Murdoch on a longer deal when he signed last month . I expect Doolan may get a two year deal to get him through the door . Its what we did with Moff and Geggan to get them back from the Pars !

I think we'll be due a development fee for Robbie if he moves on this summer . Maybe £20,000 . Nobody was going to give Shankland a three year deal when he first came in after getting binned by Morton , Saints and the Pars . However I would have tried to get Murdoch on a longer deal when he signed last month . I expect Doolan may get a two year deal to get him through the door . Its what we did with Moff and Geggan to get them back from the Pars !

We’re due nothing for Crawford because of his age.

It's the fickle world of football.

The Shankland up until January was looking like top 2 in Scotland at a minimum or alternatively the English Championship, however once he was injured and his form dipped the jungle drums started beating a different tune as he looked human once again and more like a good Scottish Championship player as opposed to a nailed on Scotland cap.

I hope he makes the right move anyway as WE all know that there's a top player in there............

Silly season down Somerset way...wee Rabs had 3 offers from other clubs and will consider his future over the coming weeks [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Nothing silly about it tbh.

Are the season tickets not usually on sale by now?, see Dunfermline have already shifted over a thousand meanwhile ours aren't even on sale yet, imo they should go on sale at the last home game of the season. Plus season ticket sales are going to be vital to trying to stretch more out of a seemingly small playing budget. 

Hate to say it but although we are going up in levels on the pitch the running of some of the stuff off the pitch still seems to be at pretty mickey mouse amateur level, the likes of advertisement of games and taking the initiative with getting season tickets on sale early.

Think we'll struggle to shift season tickets early again this season anyway with the transfer gloom atm and would be amazed if we got a thousand again.

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m guessing the delay with the season tickets is because of they’re trying to get the E-ticket system up and running, which is fair enough.

Season tickets will be on sale about a week before the start of the season then probably, can't imagine that e-ticketing going smoothly lol

1 minute ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Are the new strips on sale yet?

I know they’ll not be but why not just Chuck another grenade inemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Well considering season tickets are a main stream of income for club and contributor to McCall's transfer budget during the off season then they should be on sale asap in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

Are the new strips on sale yet?

I know they’ll not be but why not just Chuck another grenade inemoji23.pngemoji23.png

The away one was on sale before the season ended. Seen a few folk giving it an outing up at Inverness. No idea about the home. 

Not at all anti , good club man , just don’t think he’s at that level we need or cut out or good enough to be a Championship central midfielder . 1st or 2nd div yes possibly . Only my opinion of course , not only him , along with a few others .