The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Have we ever played Edinburgh City?

I’d like that for the novelty (you could add Motherwell to that bracket) and for the locality to me, Livingston away would be a very short commute too.

Quite enjoy the group stages, generally we fare well and I enjoy the summer(ish) football.

I’d like that for the novelty (you could add Motherwell to that bracket) and for the locality to me, Livingston away would be a very short commute too.

Quite enjoy the group stages, generally we fare well and I enjoy the summer(ish) football.

Played them in the first year of this competition. Beat them at Somerset

51 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Ballatoni is with them

24 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

We also played them 2005 around Xmas. Scottish cup .3 nil I think the score was.

11 December 2004. Ferguson, Henderson, Lyle. Beat Morton 3-2 on 10 December 2005.

Edited by RedEd

5 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Guess I should get my memory checked...

They play at Ainslie Park now, cracking wee set up next to where I taught last year. Would enjoy going to watch a game there!

I had to look it up. Would love Berwick away on a Saturday. Cracking trip, and it might be a long time before it happens again. 

Have a feeling that the 04 game against them was Stewart Kean's last game for the club before moving to St Mirren? 
One of the earliest games I can remember other than the John Traynor testimonial. 

IMG_0945.jpg

Chris Higgins has signed permanently with East Fife which is pretty surprising as reading opinions from some of their fans he had a bit of a nightmare there. 

Good luck to him- A solid player for us when he was fit in league 1 but I fear he will be remembered for losing his man against Talbot. 

33 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Nah, the original club disappeared in the 50s and the name reappeared in the 80s. Absolutely no link between the two clubs bar the name. 

'Fraud not, according to HibeeJibee, who "knows all things"!!!

On 7 May 2017 at 23:04, HibeeJibee said:

The football section ceased in the mid-1950s, but was restarted in the mid-1980s when they absorbed Postal United... Certainly the social club and other sports and non-sporting activities continued unbroken in between indeed the original ECFC social club only closed last year relocating to a new building. They consider themself a continuity anyway and have stronger claims to it than the likes of Clachnacuddin, Airdrie or Rangers among current senior clubs. It's not a situation like Leith Athletic or potentially Third Lanark.

They are the same!!!

2 hours ago, super_carson said:

Guess I should get my memory checked...

They play at Ainslie Park now, cracking wee set up next to where I taught last year. Would enjoy going to watch a game there!

Seriously ?  awful little park with no atmosphere at all ,try watching a game in it ..

I know we have all the heard the Dam Park rumours before lots of times but Ayr Utd are in talks with South Ayrshire Council and Ayr Rugby Club about moving to Dam Park.

Ayr Rugby Club are definitely moving there in next few years. Its being flattened and rebuilt. If Ayr Utd move there with them it will be one stand, 3 sides terracing and 3g pitch 6,000 approx total capacity. Estimated cost £6-8 million.

All parties are in talks so it's all a case of wait and see.