The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

23 hours ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Denny Johnstone can get goals to had a good season a few years ago at Morton

I thought big Denny was a great player. Injuries meant that he hardly kicked a ball for us last season.  If he can recover, he can be good for someone. 

7 minutes ago, toms said:

I thought big Denny was a great player. Injuries meant that he hardly kicked a ball for us last season.  If he can recover, he can be good for someone. 

Don’t encourage him you imbecile. 

Ferguson was getting good reviews from the Dumbarton fans for his performances last season, he always seems solid enough, has a bit of height and has obviously improved with regular 1st team football.

He might not be as good as Liam Smith but realistically we'd have no chance of finding anyone as good as Liam Smith so Ferguson has been recalled to play as our first choice RB as far as I'm aware and of course we have Ecrepont joining the first team squad who if confirming the lofty expectations should also be challenging for a first team start, despite his young age and inexperience.

I think we should be concentrating our finances in the middle of the park and up top and of course on the Goalkeeper, should we fail to get super Roscoe back..............

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Ferguson was getting good reviews from the Dumbarton fans for his performances last season, he always seems solid enough, has a bit of height and has obviously improved with regular 1st team football.

He might not be as good as Liam Smith but realistically we'd have no chance of finding anyone as good as Liam Smith so Ferguson has been recalled to play as our first choice RB as far as I'm aware and of course we have Ecrepont joining the first team squad who if confirming the lofty expectations should also be challenging for a first team start, despite his young age and inexperience.

I think we should be concentrating our finances in the middle of the park and up top and of course on the Goalkeeper, should we fail to get super Roscoe back..............

Finn Ecrepont is a left back or sometimes centre back. Michael Hewitt is a right back, and Nathan Baird can play there as well.

10 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Finn Ecrepont is a left back or sometimes centre back. Michael Hewitt is a right back, and Nathan Baird can play there as well.

Cheers.

If they're all good enough I'd like to see them given a chance as using McCowan as an example, the few times I've seen him I've thought he offered more than the likes of Cadden, so surely much better to utilise our own youngsters than bring in loan players on decent wages when what we've got is already potentially good enough.

Good morning everyone

small favour to ask if anyone has the time, im starting to put together a wee website of scouting reports and completed one on Shankland, hes a player ive never seen live but watched a ton of video on. if any of you have the chance to have a read and give any feedback it would be appreciated ! follow on the twitter if you have interest in seeing more of them in the future. 

Cheers !

https://scottishfootballsc.wixsite.com/website/post/lawrence-shankland

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Really starting to get concerned with the lack of news coming out the club. We need 7/8 new players depending on who re-signs. 

I still think we're miles ahead of most of our rivals in this division.

We've already re-signed half of our team and offered contracts to the other half, apart from that there will be many players and agents off on their holidays at the moment and there will also be others who'll be waiting on the play off results to find exactly what division they will be playing in.

As far as I'm aware, we're definitely after Doolan and possibly Erskine for starters.

1st game is 13/14 th July in the Betfred, 3rd August for the league, we already have half a team signed up already, there are teams in our league with only 1 player so I dont think there is any reason for the full on panic.

Its the same every year, the majority of players are on holiday end of May start of June, there wont be much news until we get closer to pre-season starting.

3 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Good morning everyone

small favour to ask if anyone has the time, im starting to put together a wee website of scouting reports and completed one on Shankland, hes a player ive never seen live but watched a ton of video on. if any of you have the chance to have a read and give any feedback it would be appreciated ! follow on the twitter if you have interest in seeing more of them in the future. 

Cheers !

https://scottishfootballsc.wixsite.com/website/post/lawrence-shankland

That's a pretty good summary, the only things I'd say is that in my opinion he can definitely play up top on his own, he's brilliant at holding the ball up, fending off defenders with his strength and then bringing others into play, he's also very strong and powerful with decent pace which is deceptive at times.

As for his workrate, at times his body language looks poor, however that's just a mask as 5 seconds later he's made an angled run out wide which nobody has tracked or seen coming.

My only criticism is that he maybe carries a bit much weight at times and appears as if he maybe has to work really hard and train hard to keep himself at peak fitness but again he's struggled this season with a few niggling injuries so perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him.

Another excellent trait is his temperament as he'll take abuse all day from big Centre Backs and not moan or dive around, however he'll generally get his "revenge" by sticking the ball in the net a couple of times.

There's no doubt, he's a really good all round striker and under the right stewardship in the right team could be top class..............

I also know that the likes of Killie used to own / lease properties for the use of their foreign imports as Conor Sammon as an example had one of the houses behind Ruby Park beside the Park Hotel.

I think Johnstone and Jim Jeffries bought a couple each that they rent out to players. I know some Kilmarnock fans are annoyed about that and the way the hotel was carved up