The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Shanks never set the Heather alight in the the championship before he came Johnstone might even have more goals than him

Your talking about taking a chance on somebody and getting there best form out off them it's a chance you take

If you dont go in for a no brainer like Goodwillie if the wages and price is right

Guy has to be worth the grand a week that Harkins was meant to be on

DG I mean

Think I preferred you when you suggested jobbers from the northern Irish league and amateurs. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Think I preferred you when you suggested jobbers from the northern Irish league and amateurs. 

Unlike everybody else in here I've actually watched DG this season he is exactly what you need to forget Shanks

And Johnstone is a guy who has played most Scotland levels big guy that is strong can hold it up and who DG could play off

But hey what do I know

Unlike everybody else in here I've actually watched DG this season he is exactly what you need to forget Shanks

And Johnstone is a guy who has played most Scotland levels big guy that is strong can hold it up and who DG could play off

But hey what do I know

Isn't it past your bedtime?

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

It's not funny

I mean it's not as funny as when you said the world had been wiped out right times but still...

FUBAR thread

There was me thinking we MUST have at least 6 new signings with the thread on fire!!

Anyone else hoping for a wildcard signing from abroad? Or do you think it will be a McCall special - rags to riches to scrapheap to Somerset to riches again

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

FUBAR thread

There was me thinking we MUST have at least 6 new signings with the thread on fire!!

Anyone else hoping for a wildcard signing from abroad? Or do you think it will be a McCall special - rags to riches to scrapheap to Somerset to riches again

Yes, I'd like us to sign an "unknown" foreigner just for that wee bit of excitement.

Who knows, we could unearth the next Alain Horace or it could be a Claudio Valletta, "you pays your money and takes your chance" as they say.

I do wonder why we don't look at the the likes of the Polish, Czech, Slovak leagues etc as I'm sure our wages are enough to tempt players over and there's also the excellent transport links (especially Prestwick to Polska).

In fairness maybe we do but have just not found anything ??

PS Did anyone ever here what happened to the foreign players we had over around January time ??

29 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I'd like us to sign an "unknown" foreigner just for that wee bit of excitement.

Who knows, we could unearth the next Alain Horace or it could be a Claudio Valletta, "you pays your money and takes your chance" as they say.

I do wonder why we don't look at the the likes of the Polish, Czech, Slovak leagues etc as I'm sure our wages are enough to tempt players over and there's also the excellent transport links (especially Prestwick to Polska).

In fairness maybe we do but have just not found anything ??

PS Did anyone ever here what happened to the foreign players we had over around January time ??

Was that the lad David Castilla brought over? 
Might be tricky this year in particular with brexit looming to attract players at our level from around Europe. Think the club would need to sweeten the deal with accommodation or something like that.

It kind of makes me wonder how ice hockey clubs like Glasgow/Braehead clan can afford to bring guys over from USA/Canada every year to play, they put them up in digs and I believe they also have use of "company cars". Even more so the Dundee Stars / Fife Flyers of the world who play in front of crowds not to far off our own.  It can't be cheap to run their arenas on match day and they have alot of travel around the UK which would surely negate much advantage they have from additional home games. 
I think the club could learn some lessons from their sponsorship model, as they seem to have a company name attached to everything even fouls. 

13 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
15 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hey that was all you and @jimmyboo! Don’t blame anyone else!

Not guilty.

Not proven.

26 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Was that the lad David Castilla brought over? 
Might be tricky this year in particular with brexit looming to attract players at our level from around Europe. Think the club would need to sweeten the deal with accommodation or something like that.

It kind of makes me wonder how ice hockey clubs like Glasgow/Braehead clan can afford to bring guys over from USA/Canada every year to play, they put them up in digs and I believe they also have use of "company cars". Even more so the Dundee Stars / Fife Flyers of the world who play in front of crowds not to far off our own.  It can't be cheap to run their arenas on match day and they have alot of travel around the UK which would surely negate much advantage they have from additional home games. 
I think the club could learn some lessons from their sponsorship model, as they seem to have a company name attached to everything even fouls. 

Yes, I heard we had a couple of French players plus a Goalkeeper (Danish or Swedish ?) but that was the end of it.

Going by the basic economies, I'm sure even at our wages we could easily attract Eastern Europeans over here, although they'd maybe be looking for a guarantee of a 1 or 2 year contract ??

I also know that the likes of Killie used to own / lease properties for the use of their foreign imports as Conor Sammon as an example had one of the houses behind Ruby Park beside the Park Hotel.

Going by a certain pre-season friendly a few years back, I'd have taken anyone from that Unirea side (that later went on to totally skelp Rangers) as they completely outclassed us and their ball control and general technique was light years ahead. 

Oh to dream !!

12 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I am buzzing to see Luke McCowan play next season

Dangerous game to rely on him to be a starter next season. While he’s had a few decent performances he’s still learning.