The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I can't be bothered trawling back but i'm sure Lochwood always slates someone in our squad who I really rate, just cant recall who.  Then suggests Ian Davidson?  Jeeezus.   He isnt even the best centre half at Raith!  Horrendous shout. 

McGuffie clearly has ability and is still young...but needs to step up big time.  At least when Forrest was coming through he used to always have a goal in him.  I'd be worried if he was a starter next season but I can see why we are giving him another year.  Of the two I have seen more in McCowan in 3 or 4 games than McGuffie in 20 odd. 

Nisbet didnt do much - i had suggested him as a possible signing based on the season he had but was anonymous today and fluffed a great chance in midweek. 

Thank f**k Vaughan hit the post in 93 mins by the way....

Edit:  I'm harsh on Nisbet.  Can see why he scores goals.  Had at least 3 efforts over the 2 games that on another day might go in - only sitter was the 1 on 1 midweek

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely we’ll hear something this week in regards to next season.

Either way next Friday should be interesting to hear what McCall says.

Are there still tickets? I was thinking about going.

Surely we’ll hear something this week in regards to next season.

Either way next Friday should be interesting to hear what McCall says.

Im feart to buy a ticket in case it turns out he is paraded as the new Dundee manager that day or something 

Edited by Hursty

I can't be bothered trawling back but i'm sure Lochwood always slates someone in our squad who I really rate, just cant recall who.  Then suggests Ian Davidson?  Jeeezus.   He isnt even the best centre half at Raith!  Horrendous shout. 
McGuffie clearly has ability and is still young...but needs to step up big time.  At least when Forrest was coming through he used to always have a goal in him.  I'd be worried if he was a starter next season but I can see why we are giving him another year.  Of the two I have seen more in McCowan in 3 or 4 games than McGuffie in 20 odd. 
Nisbet didnt do much - i had suggested him as a possible signing based on the season he had but was anonymous today and fluffed a great chance in midweek. 
Thank f**k Vaughan hit the post in 93 mins by the way....

Edit:  I'm harsh on Nisbet.  Can see why he scores goals.  Had at least 3 efforts over the 2 games that on another day might go in - only sitter was the 1 on 1 midweek

I agree re McCowan and McGuffie. If things aren’t going his way McGuffie disappears until he’s subbed. In his few games this season McCowan showed no fear and got stuck in.

Both McCall and McGlynn have said how impressive he is in training but he can’t seem to transfer that to a game on a Saturday.

On 17/05/2019 at 21:16, pandarilla said:

If folk in Renfrewshire/Glasgow are interested in Ayr then it's because they're from Ayr originally, or have some other close connection. Stop being silly.

I'm from Troon originally :wub:

Whit, there are loads of us :lol:

Aye but that makes Ayr your closest pro team does it not?

And if you're from troon you're obviously going to need as many excuses to get out as you can.

Exactly

Can’t imagine there being many natives from Glasgow or Johnstone that support Ayr. Certainly not pubs full of them having Ayr parties like Dryhorce just claimed there are.

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Exactly

Can’t imagine there being many natives from Glasgow or Johnstone that support Ayr. Certainly not pubs full of them having Ayr parties like Dryhorce just claimed there are.

It was all over the Ayr Facebook thing nobody is claiming anything cos it happened and no doubt will happen again for him leaving the 

Edited by Tartan Tammy 1297
Clarity

Iain Davidson is an awful, awful football player.
Connor Murray has looked pretty decent anytime I’ve seen him. Michael Doyle has found his level at Queens. 
His level being the Championship. So not a player you'd be interested in?

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
18 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Iain Davidson is an awful, awful football player.
Connor Murray has looked pretty decent anytime I’ve seen him. Michael Doyle has found his level at Queens. 

His level being the Championship. So not a player you'd be interested in?

No. 

Doyle is probably an upgrade on Muirhead but from what I’ve seen of the latter that’s not saying much.

I can’t really remember much about Murray when we were in League One but if he’s solid enough and can play CB and FB then he’s maybe worth a punt.

However I’m not overly keen on keeping Bell and Adams. I’d rather have one of them (preferably Bell), Muirhead and 2 new signings.

Exactly

There's a handful of us from the Garnock valley who attend regularly and another 15 - 20 or so that I know used to go regularly but who have now moved away from the area or just lost interest.

In fairness some have family connections to Ayr but apart from that we're still Ayrshire and the only two options of a senior team were Ayr or Killie, although Paisley is slightly closer, so St. Mirren also a local team, all be it in Renfrewshire.

As you say though, it's highly unlikely that anyone living outwith Ayrshire with no family ties to Ayr would support Ayr (unless of course they had serious masochistic tendencies like the rest of us).............

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

There's a handful of us from the Garnock valley who attend regularly and another 15 - 20 or so that I know used to go regularly but who have now moved away from the area or just lost interest.

In fairness some have family connections to Ayr but apart from that we're still Ayrshire and the only two options of a senior team were Ayr or Killie, although Paisley is slightly closer, so St. Mirren also a local team, all be it in Renfrewshire.

As you say though, it's highly unlikely that anyone living outwith Ayrshire with no family ties to Ayr would support Ayr (unless of course they had serious masochistic tendencies like the rest of us).............

Or went back to watching Rangers and Celtic