The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From a purely personal perspective, I have absolutely no issue as I'll have my season ticket and I'm more than happy to pay the £260.00 as well.

I hope to christ that the programme seller isn't going "cashless" though..............

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Few points on the new system and pricing:

Right move. Times are changing and we don’t want to be left behind. It will save money on season books, easier renewal etc. Easier access to the ground. How many times do we rock up to the cash gets with notes and they operators have ran out of change etc.  Folk can still rock up with cash and buy a ticket, won’t add much time onto their day.

Pricing is good. We need to get extra cash in to compete and it’s not that much on top of what we pay. Personally I would have just upped it to the £20. When I’m handing over a note for the entrance fee, I just think the change could is as well going to the club. I usually still need to burst another note for food and drink anyway. 

£260 for a ST is great value. Roughly £14.50 a match you’re paying. With the new system and using bar code season tickets, I think a Direct Debit season ticket would be ideal. 10 months of payments, but add a bit extra onto the payment since you’re not paying upfront. Say 10 payments of £28 meaning you’re ticket is costing you £280. That’s £15.50 a game. If someone was to cancel their payments then the barcode can be cancelled and they can be blacklisted from buying again. 

Hopefully if we get a month like April again, we could look at doing deals. A 4 home match month for example, block buy for say £68 and you’re getting a pound off each match or so.

Hopefully something for our board to look at.

This. Aww o’ this.

My only grumble is the lack of direct debit. 260 bangers is quite a lot for me in one go, yes I get it season ticket renewal time comes along the same time ever year, but still doesn’t make it easier on the coffers. Direct debit would make life a heck of a lot easier.

Also, I have the over whelming fear every Sunday morning after an Ayr home game wondering where my tiny shitty paper season ticket has gone. An electronic card will make easier if it was to go missing.

If this system ultimately saves the club money over the course of the season and the inconvenience as such is an extra 5-10 minutes to get into the ground for cash customers I don't think its a deal breaker. It doesn't really bother me as I can appreciate how fine the margins are for a club like Ayr to balance the books. To be honest I might end up spending more in the club shop. 

Not saying I won't go cashless but for the midweek games when I can make them it tends to be a last minute decisions depending on when I can get out the door at work. 
I can't see any of the vendors inside the ground going down to chip & pin / contactless route anytime soon however. 

On the season ticket / direct debit from I've noticed some clubs in the past have teamed up with credit unions to fund the tickets over the season. It would cost a bit more on d.d. obviously but this could attract more people into buying tickets upfront if it was an option. The club would obviously get the money from the credit union so they wouldn't be short changed. I agree that paying it in one hit can be a strain especially for people who have been pay as you go for years so haven't necessarily been expecting to renew. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

If this system ultimately saves the club money over the course of the season and the inconvenience as such is an extra 5-10 minutes to get into the ground for cash customers I don't think its a deal breaker. It doesn't really bother me as I can appreciate how fine the margins are for a club like Ayr to balance the books. To be honest I might end up spending more in the club shop. 

Not saying I won't go cashless but for the midweek games when I can make them it tends to be a last minute decisions depending on when I can get out the door at work. 
I can't see any of the vendors inside the ground going down to chip & pin / contactless route anytime soon however. 

On the season ticket / direct debit from I've noticed some clubs in the past have teamed up with credit unions to fund the tickets over the season. It would cost a bit more on d.d. obviously but this could attract more people into buying tickets upfront if it was an option. The club would obviously get the money from the credit union so they wouldn't be short changed. I agree that paying it in one hit can be a strain especially for people who have been pay as you go for years so haven't necessarily been expecting to renew. 

Yes, that's fair enough. You'll never please everyone and there will always be people who think something is better / worse, easier / harder but as you say if the club are making out of it and the inconvenience is minimal then that's fine by me.

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

As I said, from the clubs perspective it's a good move (that's why they're doing it), however my argument is more around it being "better" for the paying customer.

Similarly, anyone going to their local Tesco has much more hassle scanning their own gear and having to deal with spot checks etc as opposed to just wandering over to a manned till where the till assistant will efficiently scan and pack your groceries for you.

We're basically all being taken for mugs with a narrative that it's a benefit to the consumer when the reality is that it's more cost effective for the company as they can cut down on staffing and pension provisions.

Cynical ?

Indeed I am.

I only carry cash if I'm going to football now. 

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

This just isn't true though. Maybe the younger generations in the larger towns / city's this is the case, however for people living in rural areas cash is still a must.

In my own town our local Bakers and Butchers are "cash only" and in actual fact I noticed only this morning that "Patisserie Valerie" in Glasgow Central had a large sign up stating "cash transactions only".

Without trying to come across as a dick here, but my job is actually accountancy and settlement of ATM and Point Of Sale transactions for a major Bank and I can assure you that there are still many more people using cash than there are cards across the whole country, despite what it may appear.

Are they not in administration? 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

You'd be screwed if you were looking for a nice Mars Bar cake, a scrumptious Crumpet, a delightful Apple Slice or a tasty pastry out of any of my local bakers then.

That's just a price too high to pay imho...............

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are they not in administration? 

They were, but they were saved by a Management buyout with over half of the shops remaining open.

Anyway the new entry system is coming, I'm pretty sure that it is part of the work arranged for should we be promoted to the Premiership.  I think it is to all be ticketed in that league. 

Being able to buy them on mobile is excellent and it will probably save the club a lot of money from grown men pretending to be concessions and cash handling errors from the turnstile operators.

For those who have to go and buy tickets before every game it will be a pain in the arse, but the positives outweighs the negatives for me.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I’m the same, and it’s a massive pain in the arse turning up to a ground having not remembered to take out cash as most of them aren’t within a short walk of a machine.

It must be a generational thing, however I'm much more likely to forget my mobile than I am to forget to have cash on me.

In fact I often turn up at work without my phone (much to the horror of some of my younger colleagues) but I always make it through the day !!

This just isn't true though. Maybe the younger generations in the larger towns / city's this is the case, however for people living in rural areas cash is still a must.
In my own town our local Bakers and Butchers are "cash only" and in actual fact I noticed only this morning that "Patisserie Valerie" in Glasgow Central had a large sign up stating "cash transactions only".
Without trying to come across as a dick here, but my job is actually accountancy and settlement of ATM and Point Of Sale transactions for a major Bank and I can assure you that there are still many more people using cash than there are cards across the whole country, despite what it may appear.
This is a point that is easily forgot in this whole cashless debate, as too often it becomes "well it'll suit me so I think it's a good idea".

Old and vulnerable people find this much more difficult (sometimes impossible, without support). Not necessarily in this case, as you'll still be able to buy a ticket at the shop, but an important general point that often gets overlooked.

On 08/05/2019 at 21:28, rb123! said:
On 08/05/2019 at 21:08, Hursty said:
I quite liked him ability wise but then again only saw him in maybe 4 games - one of which was the aforementioned Dumbarton game when he wasnt interested.  Although Raith look in a reasonably strong position to go up so might not be an option anyway.   
Noticed Ryan Williamson released by Dunfermline.  Could tick the boxes for McCall as an option - young, likes to get forward, was well thought of but has lost his way after a couple of bad injuries. 

Ryan Williamson away down south apparently

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

53 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Only as far south as Glasgow - saw he signed for Partick today!

It was dunfermline fans who i saw saying he was going down south, pretty sure McManus said the same last year and then moved to Ross County.