The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, ftk said:
11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:
I hope not .complete f**k about that.

I know I'm all for moving with the times but can imagine the club messing it up somehow.

Complete IT crash for first game of the season and nobody gets in, played behind closed doors, can see it now lol.

Not exactly inspiring

Some of McCalls best signings weren’t exactly inspiring on paper.

However they fit the criteria of the experienced players he was talking about bringing in.

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Some of McCalls best signings weren’t exactly inspiring on paper.

However they fit the criteria of the experienced players he was talking about bringing in.

Yeah i guess so, Adams, Bell etc. I just feel that if we get Doolan i hope he wouldn't replece Moffat.

Absolutely tremendous effort and a massive well done to all the players and staff for the season,interesting he says he wants to build a team that could win this league which would mean a big investment from the club.

i think his playing budget should be a lot bigger than last years considering what we got for fourth so it remains to be seen whether the directors will get in to there pocket to back him.

Im not having a go but we don’t have people on the board who will do this they are decent people with the club at heart but money to invest I don’t think so, so that leaves either Cameron or the Bitcoin guy who does have the money, Cameron isn’t going to he’s made that clear so that leaves the other guy boom or bust on that.

i think the club will be fine for the next few years and mid table is the best we’ll get unless a lottery winner pops up and if that’s me then after I see my family all right I’d go for it

Always nice to dream

Would make sense cause they're always struggling for folk to work the turnstiles.
Doesn't always work smoothly though so you still need staff there when cards don't work or there are problems or when adults are using kids season tickets etc. We probably have the same number of staff outside now that we had sitting in the turnstiles.

56 minutes ago, Tommi_Pavlova said:

If we drive footfall through the shop to purchase tickets it’s a good idea, hopefully increase the merchandise sales.

It's a shite idea but if that's what's required, so be it.

Caley made it easy yesterday, some places don't.

Edited by ayrmad

What would concern me is the fact alot of our fans like to arrive relatively close to kick off and the club shop isn't exactly big. In the first instance it could be utter carnage unless managed well. 
If the gates are going cashless then I'd quite like the idea of being able to pay as you go via contactless. Would certainly work on the adult gate, not sure how it would work for concession / child tickets though unless the gates were strictly segregated.  Would also open up the opportunity for part or pay as you go season tickets. I'd be quite keen on being able purchase 3 or 4 games at a time as its difficult to plan more than a month or two in advance with my current job. 

What's the thought's on the winger situation next season obviously we have Forrest and McGuffie signed up McDaid has been ok this season but not enough consistency for me and I wouldn't be broken hearted if he moved on and Cadden is out of contract with livi has he done enough to get a contract offer?? any time I saw he he looked decent, would love to see McGuffie kick on and become the player we all know that's in there.

What's the thought's on the winger situation next season obviously we have Forrest and McGuffie signed up McDaid has been ok this season but not enough consistency for me and I wouldn't be broken hearted if he moved on and Cadden is out of contract with livi has he done enough to get a contract offer?? any time I saw he he looked decent, would love to see McGuffie kick on and become the player we all know that's in there.

I’d probably have Forrest, McGuffie and try to add one other. I could take or leave Cadden depending on his Livi contract but I think we should let McDaid leave.

Not sure what has gone wrong for McGuffie at Raith but he doesn't seem to have had a heck of alot of game time despite chipping in with a couple of goals for them.  Would have expected him to be a regular for them given they've got an extensive injury list. 

53 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

What would concern me is the fact alot of our fans like to arrive relatively close to kick off and the club shop isn't exactly big. In the first instance it could be utter carnage unless managed well. 
If the gates are going cashless then I'd quite like the idea of being able to pay as you go via contactless. Would certainly work on the adult gate, not sure how it would work for concession / child tickets though unless the gates were strictly segregated.  Would also open up the opportunity for part or pay as you go season tickets. I'd be quite keen on being able purchase 3 or 4 games at a time as its difficult to plan more than a month or two in advance with my current job. 

Absolutely.  I like to be in a couple minutes before kick off, usually it's not a problem but occasionally they don't have enough folk at the turnstiles.On Tuesday the queue outside the NT was past the car park. Missed the first five minutes. If you have to go to the club shop it'll be carnage in their and at the sre turnstiles.