The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Not sure tbh. I think he’ll be offski anyway but I’m not 100% convinced I’d have him as a starter next season.

He’s a bit inconsistent for my tastes. I know many wingers. He can be brilliant one week, then dross the next. I think he was holding out a bit last year for a biggger deal if I remember reading that correctly. He’ll maybe have ambitions at being back at a Premiership club?

McGuffie, even when being in and out of the team last season was being tracked by a couple of big teams in England. There is a player there but he maybe needs a run like Crawford and Forrest did at the start of their careers.

McDaid held out last year till later on in the window and apparently made comments about what he deserved to earn. he's been excellent in two games, good in a handful of others and below average in the rest this season.  I'd prefer to keep him but if he got better money at another Championship club then good luck to him.  

Edited by diegomarahenry

21 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Guy on the SRE FB says  McCall and many of the  players have decided to leave the club at end of the season because of the support.Wouldn't normally post stuff from there but the guy that posted it isn't  usually one of the zoomers, and I think he might have ties to the club.

Why would McCall leave due to the support, I've certainly not heard much negativity directed towards him at games since he joined and there really hasn't been lots of super duper football played at Somerset during his tenure.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Great news about forrest. Can see him having a great season like he did at the beginning of this season. Aslong as he's kept injury free .also think it's mcguffies turn too break into the first team .does anyone know how he's being doing at raith ?

Another excellent signing for next season. Prior to his injury Forrest was one of our most important players and integral to our passing style.

As for McGuffie, I would have him over McDaid...........

MacLeod took Ayr to the top tier in the 70s and since then, apart from one year when Daziel spent more money than most premier league teams and got us to (a distant) third we are in with a chance of matching that league placing and be 6 games away from a potential promotion. without spending a transfer fee. 

Credit where credit is due. 

I hope the club opens the railway end for the home tie. It's a no brainer really. 
The noise always carries better from the railway end so would give us a proper home advantage if its the midweek tie at home.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I hope the club opens the railway end for the home tie. It's a no brainer really. 

Inverness will bring too many down on the Saturday to do that, if it's midweek though then they might open it for us, however wouldn't hold my breath.