The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

There is a few potential that could be done Adams, Bell Geggan and Moff all spring to mind all big characters but getting on in age, personally I'd be looking to keep Moff and Geggan even if they don't play as much I still think there experience and influence in the dressing room is worth a lot.

I thought Adams was immense at the start of the season at centre back. That coupled with last season has probably saw the best of him at the club.

I think injuries have taken their toll as he looks done now. If he goes in the summer he’ll probably go down as one of my favourite ever Ayr players.

He’s done incredibly well to come back into professional football after a year out playing for Wigtown. McCall took a gamble with him but it’s definitely paid off.

46 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I thought Adams was immense at the start of the season at centre back. That coupled with last season has probably saw the best of him at the club.

I think injuries have taken their toll as he looks done now. If he goes in the summer he’ll probably go down as one of my favourite ever Ayr players.

He’s done incredibly well to come back into professional football after a year out playing for Wigtown. McCall took a gamble with him but it’s definitely paid off.

Got to agree...

In recent times, him and Bobo are amongst my favourites

Not the most technically gifted players, but top guys and great club servants

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do Ayr fans reckon Ferguson will get a shot in the team next season? I've been impressed with him in a Sons shirt. He doesn't tend to stand out much but he's a solid 7/10 kind of player and I'd be delighted to see him with us again next season.

Yes. We'll be short of defenders  for next season and that's why he was sent to you.  Good to hear he's doing well.

Can I  interest you in one Chris Higgins?

SPFL site still says May 7/8 in the "key dates" section. It's an absolute joke that we're still asking this question eight days before we might play the game.

Last season they announced the dates on April 24th and it was Tuesday night/Friday night. So given the season finished a week earlier last year I'd expect confirmation by tomorrow.

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

SPFL site still says May 7/8 in the "key dates" section. It's an absolute joke that we're still asking this question eight days before we might play the game.
Last season they announced the dates on April 24th and it was Tuesday night/Friday night. So given the season finished a week earlier last year I'd expect confirmation by tomorrow.
Unless they are waiting for BT or BBC to decide if they're showing the quarter finals, as far as I can remember there's been some years they have been televised and others they haven't, seems to very much depend who the teams are involved. Tuesday night and Friday night are far too close together imo so thats when they probably will be now.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Do Ayr fans reckon Ferguson will get a shot in the team next season? I've been impressed with him in a Sons shirt. He doesn't tend to stand out much but he's a solid 7/10 kind of player and I'd be delighted to see him with us again next season.

I think McCall has probably ear marked him as Liam Smiths replacement at Right back. Is that where he has predominantly played for you guys? 

18 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

There is a few potential that could be done Adams, Bell Geggan and Moff all spring to mind all big characters but getting on in age, personally I'd be looking to keep Moff and Geggan even if they don't play as much I still think there experience and influence in the dressing room is worth a lot.

Bell is definitely in my top 5 performers this season as he's brought stability and calm when we've most needed it. He's a good passer of the ball and also a decent presence about him.

Almost always a 7/10 performer and another contract would be a definite for me.

It’s a weird one, these players are quite obviously highly thought of given their achievements last year and the beginning gob this season however I do feel we need a bit of a clear out. Rose and Smith are already away while I’d let the likes of Higgins, Adams, Bell etc go. 

ETA: will be interesting to see how many signings we bring in in the summer. Around 7 maybe?

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I think McCall has probably ear marked him as Liam Smiths replacement at Right back. Is that where he has predominantly played for you guys? 
Aye, pretty much. I think his debut was at centre back due to injuries but as soon as we had everyone fit again he has been a mainstay at right back. He didn't look all that great at centre back but it was pretty obvious he wasn't fully comfortable playing there.

I really hope he manages to cement his place at Ayr, he's done us a solid turn and has played a part in our improved form. It's hard to judge whether or not he can become a mainstay in a team with top half Championship ambitions. He doesn't really have any standout attributes but I'm sure with a solid run in the team he'll be fine.