The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

I can see both sides to be fair.

The fans are becoming a bit frustrated as it appears like some of our players have downed tools in recent weeks but they're still paying their £17 / season tickets to attend and support them. 

By the same token we do have some idiots who mouth off just for the sake of it and will never be happy but in this instance the guy was just a bit annoyed / frustrated at Kerr dithering on the ball and didn't really shout anything bad at him.

In all fairness it appeared to work as Kerr seemed to come alive for the next 10 mins and noticeably upped his pace but I still don't like to see our players swearing at the fans as ultimately they're the ones who pay their wages and to me are quite entitled to question them / shout at them if they feel that they're not giving their all.

The “I pay their wages, I’ll shout what I want” argument is one of my pet hates. If someone works in retail is it fine for a customer to shout “for f**k sake” in their face if they don’t like the way they’ve stacked the biscuits?

I sensed the relationship between Ian McCall and the fans soured after the Talbot game when he was coming out with "it wasn't that bad" type comments when the rest of Scottish football was laughing at us. I know of some fans that haven't quite recovered from it, rightly or wrongly. 

I am starting to feel that a change might be best for both the club and McCall, but he has deserved another season in the Championship if not.

Be careful what you wish for is a cautionary tale. 
If McCall goes do we trust the board/owner to make a good appointment? They've got a hell of a lot more managers wrong than right. Their success rate must be 20% if that... a 1 in 5 chance they appoint someone better than McCall? No thanks!
Considering they were a day away from appointing Billy Stark before Neil Lennon phoned Cameron to ask why he hadn't spoken to McCall my belief is no I do not trust them

35 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

The “I pay their wages, I’ll shout what I want” argument is one of my pet hates. If someone works in retail is it fine for a customer to shout “for f**k sake” in their face if they don’t like the way they’ve stacked the biscuits?

That would depend on the biscuits......

Considering they were a day away from appointing Billy Stark before Neil Lennon phoned Cameron to ask why he hadn't spoken to McCall my belief is no I do not trust them

The fact that Billy Stark and Jimmy Calderwood were the 2 best candidates that actually applied would show what a shambles we were as a club at that point in time.

Had the same argument after the Talbot game. Someone on there was black afronted at Harvie having a go back when they had shouted abuse at him. 
Neither party is in the right, and neither should be abusing the other. It the old two wrongs don't make a right. 

At the same time I've taken do'ins at the past from managers in previous jobs for not taking any shite. Its human nature.

As for McCall, maybe it is time he freshened up the squad a little. I'd be far more trusting of McCall as a known quantity rebuilding. Hopefully we'll have a slightly bigger budget next year given the additional prize money. Smith and Shankland using us as a stepping stone is a good advert for the club, it will hopefully open doors to more young hungry players with a point to prove. 

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

As for McCall, maybe it is time he freshened up the squad a little. I'd be far more trusting of McCall as a known quantity rebuilding. Hopefully we'll have a slightly bigger budget next year given the additional prize money. Smith and Shankland using us as a stepping stone is a good advert for the club, it will hopefully open doors to more young hungry players with a point to prove. 

Well said.

Does shankland have any chance of making the playoffs?

I noticed djaffo saying he was out and I guess I'm just hoping beyond hope that he's talking shite (which is not like him) out putting the worst case scenario.

Only going by what McCall said that he’ll not play Saturday and he said we’d need to see about the Alloa game. He kinda brushed the question off and seemed quite cagey which worries me.

I noticed djaffo saying he was out and I guess I'm just hoping beyond hope that he's talking shite (which is not like him) out putting the worst case scenario.

Would reckon yes and it's just McCall isn't risking him for these last few game. However I would hope he'd get at least 30 minutes or something against Alloa. Bit much for him to come straight in for Inverness and play for 90 minutes after not kicking a ball for about a month.

Interesting, Shankland just been on STV News saying if we got promoted to the premiership that he would consider staying.

*When you find out the only team that wants you after the last 5 months is Dundalk.

McCall said on Sportsound on Monday Shankland will play one more league game before the playoffs to give him match time, preferably against Thistle on Saturday.

19 minutes ago, ftk said:
1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

McCall said on Sportsound on Monday Shankland will play one more league game before the playoffs to give him match time, preferably against Thistle on Saturday.

McCall said to AU Media last night Shankland certainly won't be back for Thistle on Saturday....

20 minutes ago, rb123! said:

McCall said to AU Media last night Shankland certainly won't be back for Thistle on Saturday....

Which time was he talking a power of shite then?