The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Best atmosphere for home games in the league?! It’s fucking toxic half the time and this is during the most successful season we’ve had in years.

This

I can count on one hand the number of times we’ve had a really good atmosphere at Somerset this season. I’ve no complaints about our away support and the noise they make as it is genuinely pretty good.

On 20/04/2019 at 19:10, WATTOO said:

This probably sounds strange and won't be popular but although a trip to the Premier would be nice, I'd actually rather see us consolidate in this league for a few seasons as I just don't think we've got the infrastructure at the moment to deal with the top division.

There's no such thing as consolidation in this league. You rebuild every season around the three players who are on more than one-year contracts and you hope the manager doesn't f**k it.

Being back in the top flight after four decades in the wilderness, with three guaranteed derbies, is worth absolutely everything to the club.

McCall has to replace Shankland from somewhere next season. Even as absolute whipping boys, any top-flight team is a much better prospect than one whose seasonal highlight is four "derbies" against a team based sixty miles away.

There's no such thing as consolidation in this league. You rebuild every season around the three players who are on more than one-year contracts and you hope the manager doesn't f**k it.
Being back in the top flight after four decades in the wilderness, with three guaranteed derbies, is worth absolutely everything to the club.
McCall has to replace Shankland from somewhere next season. Even as absolute whipping boys, any top-flight team is a much better prospect than one whose seasonal highlight is four "derbies" against a team based sixty miles away.
Absolutely there's no such thing as consolidation in this league. Remember earlier in the season when Queen's were touted as the model Championship club, and then there's Falkirk.

As for replacing Shankland what about trying to get Rudden in on loan, he's looked decent from the little I've seen of him.

Absolutely there's no such thing as consolidation in this league. Remember earlier in the season when Queen's were touted as the model Championship club, and then there's Falkirk.

As for replacing Shankland what about trying to get Rudden in on loan, he's looked decent from the little I've seen of him.

Rudden is a good shout. Not sure how likely he is to get his chance at Rangers. Ross Stewart at Ross County is another one I like. Not sure if he’ll cut it in the Premiership next season so they may let him go.

Couple of hings, l really like the new strips. I really liked the pink one this season, something a bit different, and I like the return to a same design/different colours change.

On the Bellrock...creating a solid supporters travel club and atmosphere at games is commendable but it doesn't exempt you from having a bit of sense.

2 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

If it wasn't for the Belrock. who would bring the atmosphere to away games.

We've got the best atmosphere for home and away games in the league who back the team on, the drum is the best thing that the fans have done for years. I'm glad that they're doing well.

I can remember dragging my late wife and kids all over the joint, the atmosphere was very good and The Bellrock was called The Toll Bar back then.

Has anyone noticed that we appear incapable of taking a decent corner since Forrest got injured ?

It's strange, because Cadden can fire good balls across with pace from open play (as he did for Millers goal on Friday), however our corners taken by him, McDaid or whoever, are all these pathetic wee chippy balls which are easy for teams to defend, that of course, is even if it gets passed the first man...........

Has anyone noticed that we appear incapable of taking a decent corner since Forrest got injured ?
It's strange, because Cadden can fire good balls across with pace from open play (as he did for Millers goal on Friday), however our corners taken by him, McDaid or whoever, are all these pathetic wee chippy balls which are easy for teams to defend, that of course, is even if it gets passed the first man...........

Kerr should be taking them imo.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, TheScarf said:
Fairly disappointed your sponsor will no longer be Bitcoin Bitch tbh.

Does that mean no more boobies?

Still the same guy sponsoring. 

It's Coingeek who sponsor us and just display a form of bitcoin on our tops.....they'll have their kit launch in the next few weeks I'm sure. 

we've got tits for life. Calvin Ayre makes more money before he wakes up each day than exists in the entire Scottish football league. He makes more during his morning piss than the entire annual sponsorship deal is worth. That cryptocurrency is an absolute mug's game is of utterly no consequence to him.

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

We've never been able to take decent corners, 50% of them don't get by the first man.

PK & Alain Horace were pretty damned good.

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

we've got tits for life. Calvin Ayre makes more money before he wakes up each day than exists in the entire Scottish football league. He makes more during his morning piss than the entire annual sponsorship deal is worth. That cryptocurrency is an absolute mug's game is of utterly no consequence to him.

Would be nice of him too throw us a wee million here and there.