The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I feel it was a joke and the boss should have let it run .the fact he swore and slated the said supporters club and numerous ex players was a bit uncalled for .tbh I was pishing myself .
So McCall swore at the supporters club and slated them, and did the same to ex players. Or was it the supporters club that slated ex players?

This is all very confusing.

So McCall swore at the supporters club and slated them, and did the same to ex players. Or was it the supporters club that slated ex players?

This is all very confusing.

I think he had a go at the supporters club and said Kerr was far better than some of our ex players and so called legends.

Only at Ayr could the club be having one of its best ever seasons and there still be arguments between fans and management.

I think he had a go at the supporters club and said Kerr was far better than some of our ex players and so called legends.

Only at Ayr could the club be having one of its best ever seasons and there still be arguments between fans and management.
McCall certainly won't miss the fans when he goes. Always got the feeling he could tolerate us when things were going well, and absolutely loathe us when they're not.

McCall certainly won't miss the fans when he goes. Always got the feeling he could tolerate us when things were going well, and absolutely loathe us when they're not.

I feel the same tbh. I love Ayr but can't stand the majority of our support. There also appears to be a section of our support that don't like him but can only criticise him when we're not playing well.

I suspect McCall wasn't really that bothered tonight but has been frustrated for a wee while so saw an opportunity to have a go.

1 hour ago, AllySloan said:

Take it whoever finishes 3rd get the second leg at home in the first round of the playoffs?

Tried to clarify through Wikipedia etc but didn't say

Yes. 

On a happier note I thought the new strips looked excellent as the current home top although fine is just a little bland. Away top is a huge improvement on the pink number !!

Wasn't there last night but we all know that we've got more than our fair share of rockets supporting (using the term loosely) our club. In fact there was nearly a fight in front of me on Friday night when some nutter started roaring at Calvin Miller calling him a waste of space and to "get a grip", ironically he was undoubtedly our best player and rightly so a few of the surrounding fans took exception to the guys ranting.

Anyway it all sounds like a storm in a teacup and of course we're in the era of everyone being offended, outraged, furious at absolutely nothing, so I'd imagine in the real world it's all good.........

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

I’m not a huge fan of the template for the kits but it works a bit better with the home colours. I’m not so keen on the away one but they’re both better than this season’s anyway.

I quite like both but I actually think the away one is a cracker.

Does anyone know when they're going on sale ?

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Anyway, the new strips are pretty smart, at least there's no pink and it's good to see the black trim back on the home top. I wonder if the new sponsor will make it to the end of next season, unlike the present one.

Not sure what you mean about sponsor !!! The  NEW sponsor is exactly the same guy who has sponsored us for many years now 

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I quite like both but I actually think the away one is a cracker.

Does anyone know when they're going on sale ?

Trying to have them ready for last game of season was the last I heard ( Home top only ) Away top should be during close season 

Getting a few things straight re POTY last night:

• Bell Rock Supporters Bus guy made some ill advised comments re Hart (I didn't hear the Kerr comment but his accent was pretty think TBH). McCall took against both comments and called him out in his speech later. Probably could have let it lie and nobody would remember it,  but he's not that sort of bloke is he? 
  • Scally did indeed praise the players effectively for proving others wrong - good stuff
  • Ian  had big praise for away fans, and wished home crowd were more consistently supportive. Didn't have a go at anyone otherwise. To be fair, we probably feel the same about a few of the home performances too
  • POTY venue (Arthur Street Kitchen formerly West of the Moon) was a bit of a maze and sight lines to the screen and speakers wasn't always that good and no dance floor but otherwise a much better evening than last year. Cheaper drinks, table service, good hot foot and lots of it. A pretty good evening all round.
  • McCall was giving Shankland a lift home I think, anyway come just gone 10:30 he shouted out "Oy! Lawrence!" and waved him to follow him out of the door. Team discipline looked good, unless there was the odd sly vodka in those diet cokes. 
  • Bitcoin SV is just a spin off of Bitcoin Cash, according to our commercial manager. I'm a bit hazy about the details of crypto but it seems they are separate entities with a break in the blockchain record when it was spun off. Same main owner, same deal.
Edited by Yid_in_Exiile
Clarification