The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Would happily chuck in a few academy players to make sure everyone gets a rest for a game or two.

I'd like to see Ecrepont, McCowan & even James Hilton get a run out on Tuesday. 

We're going to have to blood them at some point and with all our injury problems Tuesday could be the perfect opportunity.

Play offs confirmed

No matter how much we've waivered at times during the second half of the season this is still the best achievement for this club in years.

Regardless of the outcome of the play offs this team should go down in the history books for what they've achieved.

In saying this the outcome we all want hasn't been achieved yet and we're more than capable of being able to do it.

COYHM!

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Play offs confirmed

No matter how much we've waivered at times during the second half of the season this is still the best achievement for this club in years.

Regardless of the outcome of the play offs this team should go down in the history books for what they've achieved.

In saying this the outcome we all want hasn't been achieved yet and we're more than capable of being able to do it.

COYHM!

This probably sounds strange and won't be popular but although a trip to the Premier would be nice, I'd actually rather see us consolidate in this league for a few seasons as I just don't think we've got the infrastructure at the moment to deal with the top division.

Apart from that, this is a far more enjoyable league with more exciting matches, decent away fans and is also ultra competitive from top to bottom.

Ideally I'd love a Championship or extended Premier containing Partick, St Mirren, Morton, Ourselves & Killie.

Lots of local fixtures /  derbies and good travelling supports for all of us. 

Who knows, maybe in a couple of years...........

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:
12 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:
Are the players at the POTY do, or have they still not been found after going missing in the second half last night?

You practiced that one, didn't you?

Yeah, I posted it on FB as well. Boom boom.

Great achievement for Ayr to get in the play-offs. The title bid was always unlikely tbf.

Long odds on it ending in promotion just with amount of games alone but you at least have a chance at making history.

Had we finished 2nd I’d be pretty confident but with the amount of games it’ll take to go up and the fact we’ve got a poor record against ICT I can see us falling at the first hurdle.

Still been a thoroughly enjoyable season and no one will convince me otherwise.